Pop Up Warnings
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Pop Up Warnings

Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pop Up Warnings

For the past week or so I've been getting pop up warnings that look exactly like Windows or Norton warnings telling me that I've got a virus and please click here to fix the problem. The very first time it happened I clicked the link to get the fix and I got an immediate blocking of that web page by my computer's Norton. My brief glimpse of that web page's address didn't look like a proper Norton page address. You can't click the messages away, I have to close Firefox. After closing, my computer says nothing about there being a problem. Restart Firefox and all is well. This warning doesn't show up when I'm at any other websites, only OpelGT.com. I've run full system Norton searches and no virus' are found.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Bikini Inspector Frozen Tundra GT's Avatar
    Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    Uploads
    toss your cookies.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know people still used Norton.

"Viruses" aren't too big of a thing anymore. It's more likely ad-ware.

Maybe try installing Microsoft Security Essentials, update it, and then run a scan of that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MattsAwesomeStuff View Post
    I didn't know people still used Norton.

"Viruses" aren't too big of a thing anymore. It's more likely ad-ware.

Maybe try installing Microsoft Security Essentials, update it, and then run a scan of that.
    lolzzz. you have any idea the types of websites Uncle Gordo goes to? the deeeep daaark web.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra GT View Post
    lolzzz. you have any idea the types of websites Uncle Gordo goes to? the deeeep daaark web.
    I think he's also running Windows 95 on his 386 system but he DID upgrade to 2MB ram and a 120MB hard drive.
    Gary and soybean like this.
    Opel GTs are not GM products
    ̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶— ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—
    Humans are not an endangered species!
    ̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶— ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—

Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    Uploads
    quit picking on gordo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    opelgtguy, soybean and jlthunder like this.

3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra GT View Post
    quit picking on gordo.
    That is to much modern,go back ten years more

More C64 with floppy
    soybean likes this.

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys are a bunch of boners.

soybean and Frozen Tundra GT like this.

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Scifi Guy

You guys are a bunch of boners. (Quote by the Sifi guy)

Hell, you worked hard for your money, you can't take it with you when you, go, no ,Run with it and get what YOU, want ignore, what others say, even in jest, and yes, I do know when others are joking with you, do what makes You happy. Just my humble opinion. To those who know me and want to reply, go ahead, but on the wings of an angel, I am Back, online. Now retired and a full time babysitter for my wife. No one else, but my wife. W Jarrell Young (Soybean). If some could please direct me how to get my Avatar back, I would like it back. Thank you, Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    You guys are a bunch of boners. (Quote by the Sifi guy)

Hell, you worked hard for your money, you can't take it with you when you, go, no ,Run with it and get what YOU, want ignore, what others say, even in jest, and yes, I do know when others are joking with you, do what makes You happy. Just my humble opinion. To those who know me and want to reply, go ahead, but on the wings of an angel, I am Back, online. Now retired and a full time babysitter for my wife. No one else, but my wife. W Jarrell Young (Soybean). If some could please direct me how to get my Avatar back, I would like it back. Thank you, Jarrell
    Welcome back, Jarrell! It's been a while!

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back!

I'm mortified that your triumphant return to OpelGT.com was inaugurated with my crude and tasteless, slightly naughty, humorous reply.

soybean likes this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    For the past week or so I've been getting pop up warnings that look exactly like Windows or Norton warnings telling me that I've got a virus and please click here to fix the problem. The very first time it happened I clicked the link to get the fix and I got an immediate blocking of that web page by my computer's Norton. My brief glimpse of that web page's address didn't look like a proper Norton page address. You can't click the messages away, I have to close Firefox. After closing, my computer says nothing about there being a problem. Restart Firefox and all is well. This warning doesn't show up when I'm at any other websites, only OpelGT.com. I've run full system Norton searches and no virus' are found.
    Can you get a screenshot of the message? Does this happen on every page you go to?

Lee

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't do anything except close Firefox. The messages disappear immediately. It's happened 3 times over 7-10 days. I'm on and off this site frequently throughout the day, but only 3 times has it shown up, usually after I've been on the site for a minute or two. Nothing for the past couple of days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by First opel 1981 View Post
    I think he's also running Windows 95 on his 386 system but he DID upgrade to 2MB ram and a 120MB hard drive.
    Windows 95 will run on a 386? I need to upgrade!
    The Scifi Guy likes this.
    "No, it's not fiberglass."
    "No, the motor is not in the back."
    "No, your friend in high school did not 'peg' his speedometer."

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't do anything except close Firefox.
    On your keyboard is a "PrtScrn" up in the top right somewhere. Print Screen. It takes a snapshot of what's being displayed on your monitor, and copies it as if you selected and copied text.

Paste it into MS Paint or some image program, crop out all the things you don't want the rest of us to see you've been looking at, save the file, upload as normal.

Real Name
    Kyler Norman
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pop Up Warnings

I got one too on my iPhone using desktop mode. (The mobile site is worse than useless).

It was one of those “you’re a winner” pop ups. Only way to get rid of it is to close safari and start over.

Also how have you guys still not fixed the top menu bar. I still get a this message every time I try to simply click on the menu right after logging in.
    "Mira," 1970 Opel GT Working ARA AC, European 2.0L and Midikit
    "Kara," 1972 Opel GT Targa, Welded Doors, Rhinolined

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also how have you guys still not fixed the top menu bar.
    Because they're totally and utterly incompetent and broke everything they own and don't know how to fix it and they're about to be bankrupt.

Yes really.

Vertical Scope a few years back bought up almost all the big automotive forums. Like, 30-50 of them. I think their plan was to bundle them and sell advertising, modify and add forums for their selected "trusted retailers" and brand deals and such and force those into our content.

Last year, because they had what must have been literally a high school student or someone's first job in the computer industry making decisions, this novice hilariously (tragically) both misunderstood and mis-read a post from Google about how traffic would have to be secure (https vs. http) by a certain, near-immediate deadline (wasn't a deadline, wasn't the issue, wasn't a problem) and then attempted to simultaneously roll out significant, live, untested, unsandboxed changes... to every single one of their forums at the same time.

Unsurprisingly, changes implemented by a novice who didn't even understand English text about why those changes should eventually occur and the nature of them, on 30-50 different forums each which had their own separate grassroots origin, forum software, historic unmaintained version, and databases, did not implement those changes correctly and literally every forum catastrophically broke down.

It's equivalent to an intern reading an article about how an office needed to have a fire drill once every 3 years, and another article about how being able to move quickly and orderly is important in a firedrill, and a third article about how marathon runners can move quickly and orderly... and so he decided that TOMORROW everyone in the company will be running a surprise marathon during the fire drill.

And there's utter chaos. It wasn't the problem. It wasn't a solution. Different people have different abilities. People get lost along the way, separated, injured, there's multiple heart attacks, five people get diarhea and soil themselves, 1/3 of the women break their ankles because they wore heals to work because they had no idea there was going to be a firedrill marathon. Zero people make it to the finish line. Oh, and they do this carrying the contents of all their filing cabinets and computers.

So then the intern won't own up to it, they don't even acknowledge that they did it. They won't call an ambulance or hire search and rescue people because they're worried about budget. They just go out on a handtruck to try to ferry single passengers to the finish line, one at a time, by hand. And the intern themselves don't even know the route and can't run a marathon.

So what was supposed to be a momentary, 1 hour fix, ends up with thousands of people just gone. Records are missing. No one knows how to replace them. No one remembers where things go or went.

And 10.5 months later (today), there's barely a skeleton crew still coming into work, all injured. They've fixed maybe 2/3 of the serious casualties and don't even have the skills to fix the rest. (They've literally admitted they have no one on staff [1-3 people on the tech side, far as I can tell] who is familiar with the language the Garage was written in on another forum I'm part of, we've been a "#1 priority" for 7 months now).

The only changes they've made have been to add advertising to the sites so their revenue keeps flowing.

In short:
    - Everything is broken.
    - No one knows how to fix it.
    - They can't afford to hire anyone who could.
    - The parent company is worth less than 1% of what it used to be (I think, too lazy to look it up again).
    - Nothing is ever likely to be fixed.

Vertical Scope was basically hired to clean the kitchen, and their solution was this:

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't do anything except close Firefox. The messages disappear immediately. It's happened 3 times over 7-10 days. I'm on and off this site frequently throughout the day, but only 3 times has it shown up, usually after I've been on the site for a minute or two. Nothing for the past couple of days.
    Stop using Firefox and start using Chrome.
    soybean likes this.
    Jeff

'73 GT,5spd,Recaro,EDIS4 2.2 EFI MegaSqrt, Ali Flywhl w/S10 Clutch, Elec Fan, Roller Rockers, Venolia Pistons, 6 Cyl Intake w/ Custom Injection, 15" Wheels,F&R Sway Bars,2" Exhaust,1" Sport Spring,Koni Reds,Big Brakes,3:90 Gears & Gripper LSD,Rear Disks,Ali Radiator,Hse of Colors - Kandy Pagan Gold.
    123 WHP @ 6800 RPM

www.markandson.net

www.gpny.com

'64 VW Ghia '09 S35i BMW Z4
    '15 BMW M4 '11 BMW 335ix '04 Ford F150 SVT Lightning

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This popped up while I was viewing a thread on this site today:

Category: Intrusion Prevention
    Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,IPS Alert Name,Default Action,Action Taken,Attacking Computer,Attacker URL,Destination Address,Source Address,Traffic Description
    4/18/2019 3:41:33 PM,High,An intrusion attempt by www.tempthreeapp.site was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Web Attack: Fake Tech Support Website 334,No Action Required,No Action Required,"www.tempthreeapp.site (159.89.5.68, 80)","www.tempthreeapp.site/v3bu/v86/msg.html?trk=t.v3trackinglink.com&osv=Windows 10&cep=KiuYS0gvdZY3Fd1DwrLCauEtapqG8ccTr70s5qE DNDn16BUP6AEyygfHFSA0WBZ_tuJkN3o9DeahZLy6-viABFzhdJvNf1Sgx1CLJjY3uFrSW8zxJars2dKmsI4Ml62ZAiy c5okevnsjX88pDmz2hGPkE9aEn4pEBoY1NU1q5D8bbAMTvDlzL njRDBZHyqoAHsV5KAdAybnYEnGq2TReU19y441L_fpwQeS0d3Y PHqIiLwTFt8dXqHWV5XZhHpoS&zone=1806371-2707236321-0&country=US&time=1555616490&cid=15556 164892906512465038259996849092","GORDON-PC (192.168.1.2, 63027)",www.tempthreeapp.site (159.89.5.68),"TCP, www-http"
    Network traffic from <b>Urgent Message 10&amp;cep=KiuYS0gvdZY3Fd1DwrLCauEtapqG8ccTr70s5qE DNDn16BUP6AEyygfHFSA0WBZ_tuJkN3o9DeahZLy6-viABFzhdJvNf1Sgx1CLJjY3uFrSW8zxJars2dKmsI4Ml62ZAiy c5okevnsjX88pDmz2hGPkE9aEn4pEBoY1NU1q5D8bbAMTvDlzL njRDBZHyqoAHsV5KAdAybnYEnGq2TReU19y441L_fpwQeS0d3Y PHqIiLwTFt8dXqHWV5XZhHpoS&amp;zone=1806371-2707236321-0&amp;country=US&amp;time=1555616490&amp;cid=15556 164892906512465038259996849092</b> matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE. To stop being notified for this type of traffic, in the <b>Actions</b> panel, click <b>Stop Notifying Me</b>.

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back!

I'm mortified that your triumphant return to OpelGT.com was inaugurated with my crude and tasteless, slightly naughty, humorous reply.

No worries, I understand jest. Really to stop pop ups go to chrome, Use pop up blocker, Adblock plus. You should be fine. Sorry bur I just got done with a new computer build. Really can't understand Windows 10, But I'll learn it. What I bought. CyberpowerPC Gaming Desktop Gamer Xtreme C790T Intel Core i7 9th Gen 9700K (3.60 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD 240 GB SSD Tweaked to over clock.
    Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information