Carlisle 2020 - Hotel thread - Page 3
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Carlisle 2020 - Hotel thread

  1. #41
    Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer GoinManta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Midlothian, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,347
    Real Name
    Charles Goin
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    The new place has a Pool.. and there a Buffalo Wild Wings with path to Hotel parking lot.. Goggle maps shows
    Holiday Inn Express
    6325 Carlisle Pike
    Who going to Book first How long do we have to Book again... Charles??
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/63...!4d-77.0011616
    March 15th

    Also CALL 1-717-790-0924 to reserve with code Opel Club

    Option 0 ( do NOT pick Option #1 reservations.. that sends you to the national switchboard, you need to talk to the hotel to get the rate and the room )
    Last edited by GoinManta; 1 Week Ago at 01:57 PM.
    soybean likes this.
    CURRENT
    '71 Opel Kadett 4 Door 36D (2.0 L w/ EFI & Auto) - "Mary Ann"
    '92 Senator B - "Professor"
    '74 Opel Manta - "Barbara"
    '72 Opel GT - "Red Baron"

    In the past owned:
    '04, '05, '06 Pontiac GTO
    2 Bitters (#491/#439)
    '73 Commodore GS
    ATLAS ( 74 Manta w/ 2.8L LK5 )
    & many many other Opels and a even few GTs

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,777
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Carlisle 2020

    Well just got off the phone with the Hotel/Motel and not wanting to be the first one, I will wait. My room there is booked through another site, but can be changed to this Motel. There is a block of Rooms for us (Opels) at 139/night. 2 nights stay will be $303.02. Check in is after 3PM.
    Phone nos:1-717-790-0924
    That's it folks. I gotta go clean out the Garage and be productive. Take care, Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  4. #43
    Site Founder Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Swansea, MA
    Posts
    9,889
    Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    2
    If there is no conference room, we could always meet after dinner back at the showfield and gather under the tent.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #44
    Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer GoinManta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Midlothian, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,347
    Real Name
    Charles Goin
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    If there is no conference room, we could always meet after dinner back at the showfield and gather under the tent.
    Or if the weather permits in the parking lot.. not like we haven't done that before
    soybean and opellane like this.
    CURRENT
    '71 Opel Kadett 4 Door 36D (2.0 L w/ EFI & Auto) - "Mary Ann"
    '92 Senator B - "Professor"
    '74 Opel Manta - "Barbara"
    '72 Opel GT - "Red Baron"

    In the past owned:
    '04, '05, '06 Pontiac GTO
    2 Bitters (#491/#439)
    '73 Commodore GS
    ATLAS ( 74 Manta w/ 2.8L LK5 )
    & many many other Opels and a even few GTs

  7. #45
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,777
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GoinManta View Post
    Or if the weather permits in the parking lot.. not like we haven't done that before

    Well, came in checked my email, I have reservations for 2 days, May 15th-16. So I'm in. This ought to be fun. Jarrell
    opellane likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  8. #46
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,493
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Man, my sense of direction, which is usually very good, has me all confused. I drive west along the PA Turnpike to get to Carlisle.

    I've always felt that that I was driving west/south on Rt.11 to get to our old hotel. Am I wrong, is the old hotel east/north of the Carlisle exit and the Fairgrounds?

    If the latter is the case, do I just keep driving farther down the road PAST the old hotel for 6 miles?



    The new place seems to be perfectly adequate. I've never cared much for the conference room scene, it's the parking lot tail gate parties that are the best part of the whole event for me. I love hanging out in the lot pounding exotic beers as we stumble from one guy's car to the next. Wowowie, do you guys see that meandering stream/river near the new hotel. It doesn't appear that there's a road following the whole thing, but, boy, that sure looks like a great river to drive along.
    soybean likes this.

  9. #47
    Mike's Opel Shop Site Supporter opellane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Goshen, NY
    Posts
    1,396
    Real Name
    Mike
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Man, my sense of direction, which is usually very good, has me all confused. I drive west along the PA Turnpike to get to Carlisle.

    I've always felt that that I was driving west/south on Rt.11 to get to our old hotel. Am I wrong, is the old hotel east/north of the Carlisle exit and the Fairgrounds?

    If the latter is the case, do I just keep driving farther down the road PAST the old hotel for 6 miles?



    The new place seems to be perfectly adequate. I've never cared much for the conference room scene, it's the parking lot tail gate parties that are the best part of the whole event for me. I love hanging out in the lot pounding exotic beers as we stumble from one guy's car to the next. Wowowie, do you guys see that meandering stream/river near the new hotel. It doesn't appear that there's a road following the whole thing, but, boy, that sure looks like a great river to drive along.
    Yea, You got it Gordon,, keep driving past the old place oppisite from the show field and it's on the left ( Iguess it must be 6 miles then) It's Got a pool
    Hotel #1
    The only thing I can see wrong.. is there a Buffalo Wild Wings right next door.. there a path going from the parking lot ( Goggle maps) At this new place,, I would watch out for the beers... and hanging out loudly,, we don't want No loitering charges LOL Do We. LOL
    Last edited by opellane; 1 Week Ago at 08:05 PM.
    soybean and The Scifi Guy like this.
    MIKE
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1972 Opel GT, 1969 Opel GT, 1973 MGB,

  10. #48
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,777
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    The new place seems to be perfectly adequate. I've never cared much for the conference room scene, it's the parking lot tail gate parties that are the best part of the whole event for me. I love hanging out in the lot pounding exotic beers as we stumble from one guy's car to the next. Wowowie, do you guys see that meandering stream/river near the new hotel. It doesn't appear that there's a road following the whole thing, but, boy, that sure looks like a great river to drive along.
    Gordo, the map shows that Front Street would be a cool drive and there's a large classification yard upriver. Yeah Man this is going to be awesome. What kind of exotic beers are we looking at? I don't drink, but that doesn't mean I can't try some. Jarrell
    opellane likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  11. #49
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,493
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    It's got a pool!

    Aagghh! Eeeck! I just had a horrifying vision of bloated Opelers bobbing in a pool!


    soybean and opellane like this.

  12. #50
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,493
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    Yeah Man this is going to be awesome. What kind of exotic beers are we looking at? I don't drink, but that doesn't mean I can't try some. Jarrell
    Y'know, the microbrews that have proliferated. At Octopelfest the trend seems to be towards darker or strong flavored brews. Carlisle has that, but there's plenty of folks who bring regular brew. I tend to favor the dark ones, so I guess those are all I notice.

    Some folks pound'em and get louped, but we're mostly a "mature" crowd(uhhh....aren't we?) and we sort of know when to stop before we're found passed out in the dumpster or along the road somewhere. Many don't drink, I suppose, I'm too drunk to notice. Actually, I'm more of a stoner than a drinker, so it's not likely that you'll find me performing oral sex to a toilet. It could happen, it just hasn't happened....YET.

    As with most car shows, drinking is prohibited on the showfield. Although I seem to recall that Carlisle sold beer. Of course, people still do down a few beers at car shows, but discreetly, and hopefully not with the intent to get wasted.

    Oh boy, I can see it now. Soybean, the non-drinker, after "trying some", hanging on everyone's shoulders saying "I lub you mannnn....!".

    No, the "Bean" will more likely be sober and using hard sell on us to buy shares in a soybean farm.


    Hey! I've got a mullet AND a chrome dome! Do I get a prize?


    soybean likes this.

  13. #51
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,777
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Oh boy, I can see it now. Soybean, the non-drinker, after "trying some", hanging on everyone's shoulders saying "I lub you mannnn....!".

    No, the "Bean" will more likely be using hard sell on us to buy shares in a soybean farm.


    Hey! I've got a mullet AND a chrome dome! Do I get a prize?


    Ok, Ok, Yeah, Yeah, you sound like Harold now. Gordo, when you see me, You will Know me. I do have hair, down to my shoulders, and middle of my back. I did drink, but I was very hard to handle after 7-8 beers. I did get thrown out of some nice bars, when I had passed out. I used to ride, when my Son was born, I parked my 73 Superglide. It was tweaked like my cars are. I did ride with a fairly well known "Club". So I changed, no one said stopped. Otherwise I really am just like you. I'll roll one, if I've got it. Yeah, and I'll sell you some good swampland too. I have calmed down a whole lot as I've aged, but I haven't changed much. Trust me. There are reasons why there are no pictures of me, that I know about anywhere, except a few from my younger years. Take care,Jarrell
    The Scifi Guy likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  14. #52
    Site Founder Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Swansea, MA
    Posts
    9,889
    Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Man, my sense of direction, which is usually very good, has me all confused. I drive west along the PA Turnpike to get to Carlisle.

    I've always felt that that I was driving west/south on Rt.11 to get to our old hotel. Am I wrong, is the old hotel east/north of the Carlisle exit and the Fairgrounds?

    If the latter is the case, do I just keep driving farther down the road PAST the old hotel for 6 miles?
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    Yea, You got it Gordon,, keep driving past the old place oppisite from the show field and it's on the left ( Iguess it must be 6 miles then)
    Not sure what exit off of the PA pike you take, but coming from the fairgrounds going on Rt 11 it would be: PA Pike --> Rt 81 --> Middlesex Diner/Quality Inn --> 6 mi to Holiday Inn Express.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #53
    Super Moderator Ooooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Concord, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    3,084
    Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    OK... I just got my reservations at the Holiday Inn Express but they said all the blocked rooms were GONE! But the guy said he could work something out and gave me a rate of $143 a night. I figured $4 isn't that much of a difference so I booked three nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday, May 14th, 15th and 16th).

    Then he told me to hold and transferred me to someone else and they wanted me to go Las Vegas for a "time share" meeting for $199 for 4 days and 3 nights! WTF?
    soybean and opellane like this.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

  16. #54
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,777
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Ooooner View Post
    OK... I just got my reservations at the Holiday Inn Express but they said all the blocked rooms were GONE! But the guy said he could work something out and gave me a rate of $143 a night. I figured $4 isn't that much of a difference so I booked three nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday, May 14th, 15th and 16th).

    Then he told me to hold and transferred me to someone else and they wanted me to go Las Vegas for a "time share" meeting for $199 for 4 days and 3 nights! WTF?

    Hey Roy, why not go to Vegas? They'll comp you the Drinks, and the Room, all you have to do is spend your money at the tables. Plus the Show Girls Oh La La. Yeah man. Let's go to Vegas Hey, I won't tell, if you don't. Wait, what do we tell our wives. Let me think about that one. Hmmm..... Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  17. #55
    Super Moderator Ooooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Concord, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    3,084
    Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    Hey Roy, why not go to Vegas? They'll comp you the Drinks, and the Room, all you have to do is spend your money at the tables. Plus the Show Girls Oh La La. Yeah man. Let's go to Vegas Hey, I won't tell, if you don't. Wait, what do we tell our wives. Let me think about that one. Hmmm..... Jarrell
    What the hell, let’s go! 😁
    soybean likes this.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

  18. #56
    Mike's Opel Shop Site Supporter opellane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Goshen, NY
    Posts
    1,396
    Real Name
    Mike
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Vegas... Gosh the only thing that comes close are the International Girl's at Carlisle Fairgrounds,, and there pretty Hot Girls,,,but,,
    not sure if there Show Girls

    Am booked,, Fri, sat, nights.. I think it's going to be rough for the last minute Carlisler's.... they "will be surprised " when going to book a room this year, Good Luck folks .. rooms are going to book fast this year. JMHO

    Just one other thing.. mum.. I know about there a large parking area That's a Good Thing ... I hope there no restrictions on Trailer parking?https://www.google.com/maps/place/63...!4d-77.0011616

    Book on web site,, rate was $128 ok

    https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...facilities_ex&

    Maybe someone should book the hotel's meeting room ( below) 14' X 36' """ Charle's feel like callin and checkn"""
    FACILITIES
    Number of Meeting Rooms: 1
    Total Area of Meeting Space: 900 sq ft
    Number of Sales and Meeting Professionals On-Site: 1
    Largest Room Capacity:50
    Largest Room Measurement: 504 SQ FEET
    """ Charlie feel like callin and checkn""" If there nobody staying at the Quality Inn,, to hang there

    https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...facilities_ex&
    Last edited by opellane; 1 Week Ago at 11:11 PM.
    soybean likes this.
    MIKE
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1972 Opel GT, 1969 Opel GT, 1973 MGB,

  19. #57
    Opeler opelgtboy70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,124
    Real Name
    Karl Senula
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Just booked a night. $128.95 for the night.

    Karl
    soybean and opellane like this.

  20. #58
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,493
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Online, I just snagged Fri.+Sat., one king bed, for 127.20.

    soybean likes this.

  21. #59
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,493
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Uhhh....it appears that this thread's title no longer reflects where we're staying and it seems likely that we'll have to stay at several hotels to accommodate everybody.

    Howsabout one of the moderators renaming this thread something more generic like: The Carlisle Hotel thread May 15th-17th 2020 or something similar.

    soybean likes this.

  22. #60
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,777
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Uhhh....it appears that this thread's title no longer reflects where we're staying and it seems likely that we'll have to stay at several hotels to accommodate everybody.

    Howsabout one of the moderators renaming this thread something more generic like: The Carlisle Hotel thread May 15th-17th 2020 or something similar.

    Well don't know where ya'll are staying, but I'm at the Holiday Inn Express. Just called and changed from 160 to 139 using Opel Club to change price. Can't wait. Roy, you going up Thurs? Let me know if we're still meeting up via P.M. so as to not clutter up the thread Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •