Holy Cinderella Batman! Batmobile made from Opel GT
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Holy Cinderella Batman! Batmobile made from Opel GT

  1. #1
    1000 Post Club kwschumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,797
    Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Holy Cinderella Batman! Batmobile made from Opel GT

    Interesting, odd, funny, sad all rolled up in one Batmobile.

    https://www.foxnews.com/auto/caped-c...ile-craigslist
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"
      Top

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Your Noble Friend ;-) G.v.Mainberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA - USA
    Posts
    3,814
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    35k is a bid on the hefty side.

    (The typo was made on purpose)

    Dieter
      Top

  4. #3
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,310
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by G.v.Mainberg View Post
    35k is a bid on the hefty side.

    (The typo was made on purpose)

    Dieter
    Yep, but it is different. Very different. Dieter, I can see you in this one, or maybe Gordo. LOL. Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)
      Top

  5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    1000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bordentown, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,625
    Real Name
    Mike/Michael
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The comments that follow the story seem to forget the idea for the batmobile GT concept was originally to cheer up sick children in hospital. A noble idea; bringing some happiness to kids in need of it. I seem to recall the gentlemen would dress up as Batman, arriving at the hospital to greet the kids.
      Top

  7. #5
    1000 Post Club kwschumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,797
    Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNotigan View Post
    The comments that follow the story seem to forget the idea for the batmobile GT concept was originally to cheer up sick children in hospital. A noble idea; bringing some happiness to kids in need of it. I seem to recall the gentlemen would dress up as Batman, arriving at the hospital to greet the kids.
    Wasn't that a different batman that drove a Lambo?
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"
      Top

  8. #6
    1000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bordentown, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,625
    Real Name
    Mike/Michael
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwschumm View Post
    Wasn't that a different batman that drove a Lambo?
    The linked story in the article says it was a doctor who created this batmobile from a GT before moving up to the real batmobile, the one from the tv show to do his off hours charity work.

    A Lamborghini batmobile would be more appropriate. Maybe another guy doing similar work?
      Top

  9. #7
    1000 Post Club kwschumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,797
    Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNotigan View Post
    The linked story in the article says it was a doctor who created this batmobile from a GT before moving up to the real batmobile, the one from the tv show to do his off hours charity work.

    A Lamborghini batmobile would be more appropriate. Maybe another guy doing similar work?
    I don't know how many of these guys are out there but here's a link to the one I was thinking of. He was killed four years ago when his car died on the road and someone ran into it. RIP to this man, and good for him to give so freely of his time and money.

    https://www.worldofbuzz.com/man-who-...ildren-killed/
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"
      Top

  10. #8
    Member opeljohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    1,555
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I seem to remember this GT Batmobile being up for sale quite a few years back. Originally offered for $40,000, I think it sold in the $24,000 range. Almost a single seat ride from what I remember of int. pictures.
      Top

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •