Missouri GT's - Page 2
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missouri GT's

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

May meet

Hopefully I will have my 71 GT on the road by then. It might still be a gem in the rough, but road worthy. Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Old Hippie

By "Rust bucket" I mean a rust bucket with no bottom. Floor pans- Gone; Belly pan- Gone; Rockers- Gone. Bob

70's Opeler, back 4 more!
    Downloads
    Uploads
    May sounds good here.

Do we want to see about reserving some place, like a shelter at a park, and make this thing more formal?

I know Shawnee Mission Park is close to I-435. They have good shelter houses with Barbecue pits. I'm not sure if there is a cover charge or not. I'd be glad to research on this end.

Shoot!... gathering, barbecue, opels... life doesn't get any better in the Midwest!

Chris
    Two left turns don't make a right,
    but three do!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good idea. Any place is fine with me.

For me the order is,
    - Opel
    - bbq
    - gathering

Too bad the Chiefs aren't playing in May or they'd be on the list.

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

the shawnee park would be great

I like the idea of opels,BBQ,and lies..sounds fun...plus the park would have a shelter if we get rain..if we were to meet at an SCCA-crown auto club run...I dont think they allow fires and BBQ by individuals...but we could run solotime for the fastest opel in the midwest..for the fun of it...just ideas..I reallydont care..lets just meet...I am not interested in the competition... I think..we can also to get the the guy from the KC star(strongman?) who writes the column in sundays paper to come out and photo..the stories you guys could tell about how you acquired your cars,pulled,towed,dragged,leaked and then sanded,welded,parted off of yards -ebay etc ..would make interesting reading and exposure of the opel mark...why are we so fascinated with this particular car?...oh... a MG,Triumph,FIAT,Healey,cobra ... would be so much easier...
    I think we are a very clever group and with the age spread of our members..we are very diverse..
    I think I would like to time the meet..to cordinate with an out of town opeler passing thru..such as oldopelguy..he mentioned he would be passing thru in his kadette...I will PM and see if he's coming thru in may..would a vendor sponsor the event?..use the
    the sponsor money to host our "guest of honor..such as rally bob or kwilford" ...maybe this is more of a production than we can
    handle right now... but who knows?..
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Driven twice to Carlisle 2,351 miles RT successfully, broke down on first trip

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Chris if you would check out the park that would rock I will definatly be there in may. Heck my GT might even look decent by then.

And getting the newpaper guy great idea. likeing the thought of the auto run as well. Don't know about the sponsor thing though.

If the park is gonna cost I'm willing to throw a little down at it.

HMMM what about trying to set up an autocross style race verses a strait drag ... maybe both. But I think the opels lean more twords autocross.. Quick excell and tight handeling ... just my 2cp
    Last edited by ziggurat; 11-09-2003 at 10:29 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Strange, my post in this thread was supossed to be in cyphers thread about parting out a GT! Weird.......... Anyhow I'm for a May get together. I'll be on the road but the insides won't be finished. I think.

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just split and merged your earlier post with cypher's thread. You may have "replied" while in this thread.
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT

Downloads
    Uploads

Needed for wife

I need to buy an Opel GT for the wife. This was her first car out of highschool. Looking for a 1.9, 4spd. Running, does not need to be perfect...but 99% all there. I am in Ste Genevieve Missouri. I prefer one very close, so I can view it before purchase. HELP! Mark Gibson email me [email protected]

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

kansas city /st louis gt

1- there was a gt last week here in kc on ebay ..$3000..red...looked like a fair price...
    2- there is an orange gt spotted this week end on the front row of a
    "a 500 used car lot" you can see it from the highway on I-55..dont know much else...its I 55 between st loius and KC..that all i know..maybe someone can look who is going that way

3- there was a blue here in kc on this site...looked good too
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Downloads
    Uploads

used lot

I-55 runs north and south thru stlouis to the Arkansas border. Where at on 55 does anyone know?

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

location is near springfield il

lot is closest to springfield il...could be north could be south
    lot is on the east side of the highway- frontage road

i did a yahoo seach..could not help you.

next Idea...maybe some prospecting phone calls to used car dealers etc in the area can help you

has a sign that says " 500 old cars"..gt is on front row, visible from highway 55

good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks that should help

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

you cant miss it

my friend says..lot was full of nashes and studebakers..said youi cant miss it
    hope that helps

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

info to track orange gt

call gateway classic cars in collisville il...800 231 3616...they might be able to help you..

Downloads
    Uploads
    well opel bit's gt is orange and he is here in stl, he just found a nest of opels in his neck of the woods in jeff county a couple of gts and a manta.

In june I think there is the European car show here in stl. It is a one day event but they haul out the race type cars along with the usual show and shine stuff..

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

tulsa gt..see todays ads

tulsa is not that far away. 1,500 is not that much, but i think you will need some extra dough for the usual reconditioning...who knows...but it is a START

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dean,

We went by that salvage yard/car place Friday morning. My son was wanting to know how far it was from home so we might tow some of the cars home. They have some really nice vehicles on the East side of I-55.
    but three do!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it for you.

http://www.countryclassiccars.com/

Exit 41 going North.

Way cool place if this is it. Still way cool if it's not.
    but three do!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one, they also have a Kadette.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    but three do!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information