Missouri GT's
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missouri GT's

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs upMissouri GT's

Hey, I saw a blue GT going East on 50 highway just off 291 around 4 in the afternoon on sunday. I just wondered if it was any of you guys. If so I would really like to look at your car, any in the area for that matter. I am trying to restore one and a fresh look at one would be a definite moral booster.
    Steven

BTW, the car looked nice from the other side of the highway.... speedy too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

gt's in missouri

last blue gt I saw in missouri was in 1974 in joplin.

there was a real nice blue gt that was sold in st louis in about april 03 on ebay...those are the only 2 that I know of....

I have red gt..send a pm(private message) if you want to see the car over the lunch hour..I am in downtown KC...wow..with you i
    think we have 6-8 gts here...we will probably have a spring meeting if we can set a date and location.

PS:welcome to the worldwide wide club at Opelgt.com
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Driven twice to Carlisle 2,351 miles RT successfully, broke down on first trip

tomking
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I am in Joplin and havent seen any GTs around. but my two are not road worthy yet but will be by Spring. then you will see a brown 71 and a titanium 70 in Joplin.
    TMK

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a blue GT but not the one you saw. It's in the garage due to a bad brake light switch. I believe there's a guy in Blue Springs with one. I bought some taillight lenses from him (eBay). Occasionally I see an orange GT with Cragar wheels in North Kansas City. The last white GT I saw was in a wreck at Antioch and Kendalwood in the mid-90's.
    Last edited by GT-Freak; 11-04-2003 at 05:04 PM.

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey gt freak

did you buy the one over in Leavenworth..on ebay?

PS:the are 2 wrecked gts in salvage yards in the area that I heard of...there in one in wichita at the euro salvage yard and there is one in downtown KS that have been flooded at the junk yard..my buddy saw it and will try to get photos and a location..
    he says it has usable metal..no engine
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought my GT in 1996 from a guy in KCMO near Parkville. He bought it to race but never got around to it. His wife decided to drive it to work. So he repaired it and she drove it for a couple years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would bet that the blue one belongs to a guy out in Lone Jack...I have e-mailed him a couple of times when I was first starting the tear-down of my GT.

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

welcome cherokee

keep in touch...we have a group of quickly growing gt'ers..where is your location?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in Kingsville....about 20 miles east of Lee's Summit. My car is going to be a track only car, Hopefully this weekend it will be in for the cage, a week for that and it is off for final paint and assembly. If it gets done in time and it looks like I hope I plan on "volunteering" for the car to be part of the SCCA display at World of Wheels. I have A-LOT of work to do before it gets to that point.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

GT at euro

Bucky,
    I looked at the GT at Euroasian Salvage in Wichita. it is a 69 and a total rust bucket. Still has the engine and trans. Wants around $400.00 for the engine. A little steep I thought. Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

missouri gt's

well, I live outside St.Louis and thare are 5 gt's in the area that i know,,,, A Missouri opel meet is needed not just GT's but have for all opels,,,,
    "WHAT YEAR IS THAT 280Z?"
    "Is it an old prototype corvette?"
    "O.K. what the h*ll is it?"
    "You want to sell it?"

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: hey gt freak

Hey bucky,

Did you get any info? I work by Kemper Arena and can get there in minutes.

there is one in downtown KS that have been flooded at the junk yard..my buddy saw it and will try to get photos and a location..he says it has usable metal..no engine

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will find out

great..I will ask him and get back with you...last time I asked
    him..he remebered the street ..but not the name..I sent him an email and we will find it...would you want to post a photo if you get out there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll try to get some pics. Remembering the camera is the hard part. Thanks for the info.

Downloads
    Uploads

lawrence, ks

I'd say I'd come to a meet but shes not anywhere near ready. no time or money = long driveway sit

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Missouri I think we need to start a Kansas / Missouri opel club get some meetings going. I live in Wichita KS but I have no problem driving the lil 4 hours to get to KC. Heck E-mail me if you want to do lunch sometime. .... I always need an excuse to hit a highway in the GT.

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

lost friend

here is the location of a lost friend...1 of 103,463...found in a
    KC salvage yard..she will be rough...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    I may get there next week. It's 10 minutes from work. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    May would be great for a meeting for me .. it would give me a chance to get my 73 cleaned up a little shes got a dent in the back ... poor baby

may good for any one else?

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

lets post a poll for the meeting

may sounds good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information