Manta Garage Sale-No. Nevada
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By germanbuick

Thread: Manta Garage Sale-No. Nevada

  1. #1
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reno,NV
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Manta Garage Sale-No. Nevada

    I figured someone here might have a use for these Opel parts I have, all used spares.
    1 ea. 10 bolt head w/ aftermarket cam,springs and retainers,solid lifters no visible cracks.
    12 bolt timing cover
    an alternator
    wiper motor
    heater fan
    4 beauty rings
    2 sets of rear side glass/ latches
    1 rear glass
    air cleaner box
    engine fan
    water pump
    set of rods and pistons
    carb linkage assy
    and more....
    All for Early manta/1900
    Located in Reno/Sparks Nevada
    I've taken some pixs and set up a google photo album and will add more in the next few days,weather permitting.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/cnqwBvVmuHGZuhM69
    Gordy likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    1000 Post Club tealcarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    1,353
    Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Germanbuick: I don't need any of the parts, as I have a GT, but noticed you live in Reno. The reason I say that is because I live in Fallon, we are almost neighbors. Your parts look pretty clean, you shouldn't have any trouble selling them. Maybe we will meet up at a car show. I usually go to the one in Fernley, my buddy that lives in Reno is there for that one. He used to run Summit Racing. I worked for him 18 years ago.
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

  4. #3
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reno,NV
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    You sure you can't use some of this? price is right... FREE
    cleaning out the garage,selling the house,moving and need it gone....???

    Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    Germanbuick: I don't need any of the parts, as I have a GT, but noticed you live in Reno. The reason I say that is because I live in Fallon, we are almost neighbors. Your parts look pretty clean, you shouldn't have any trouble selling them. Maybe we will meet up at a car show. I usually go to the one in Fernley, my buddy that lives in Reno is there for that one. He used to run Summit Racing. I worked for him 18 years ago.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    1000 Post Club tealcarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    1,353
    Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    I understand how that goes. I have so much stuff around the house, my wife just gives me the look when I bring something else home. I hope there is someone who either needs the parts, or take them to someone who might be able to use them. The only swap meet I know of is during Hot August Nights, and that's few months away. Not to be nosy or anything, where are you going to move to?

    Bob
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

  7. #5
    Non Civilian opelwasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Between Chico and Sac, CA
    Posts
    2,084
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Do you have the plastic parts that surround the headlights?
    Arguing online is the same as racing in the Special Olympics;
    no matter who wins, you're both still retarded.

    1971 GT (Opelwasp)
    1974 Manta A (Polizei)
    2001 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 Quad Cab
    2006 Suzuki SV650S
    2009 Chevy Impala LT
    2015 Dodge Charger SE

  8. #6
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reno,NV
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    just moving to Sparks, not far but no space.
    Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    I understand how that goes. I have so much stuff around the house, my wife just gives me the look when I bring something else home. I hope there is someone who either needs the parts, or take them to someone who might be able to use them. The only swap meet I know of is during Hot August Nights, and that's few months away. Not to be nosy or anything, where are you going to move to?

    Bob

  9. #7
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reno,NV
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by opelwasp View Post
    Do you have the plastic parts that surround the headlights?
    Sorry no, just the center section grill.

  10. #8
    Member Mercougary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    171
    Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by germanbuick View Post
    Sorry no, just the center section grill.
    Dibs on that. Consider it SOLD. I'll PM you this afternoon.

  11. #9
    Member Mercougary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    171
    Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    parts still available? see your PM's

  12. #10
    Opeler TomCat3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Denver Co
    Posts
    63
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by germanbuick View Post
    I figured someone here might have a use for these Opel parts I have, all used spares.
    1 ea. 10 bolt head w/ aftermarket cam,springs and retainers,solid lifters no visible cracks.
    12 bolt timing cover
    an alternator
    wiper motor
    heater fan
    4 beauty rings
    2 sets of rear side glass/ latches
    1 rear glass
    air cleaner box
    engine fan
    water pump
    set of rods and pistons
    carb linkage assy
    and more....
    All for Early manta/1900
    Located in Reno/Sparks Nevada
    I've taken some pixs and set up a google photo album and will add more in the next few days,weather permitting.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/cnqwBvVmuHGZuhM69
    Hello, i could use a good cond. set front, and rear bumper for my Manta,...how much are you thinking?? Thanks.

  13. #11
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Camarillo Ca.
    Posts
    63
    Real Name
    Joel Rapose
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    I need a decent dash in NorCal or Northern Nevada

    I live in Chester Ca. And my dash looks like craters on the moon...gaps of one inch or more everywhere...it's not salvageable...might any of you know of a decent GT dash that is in good enough to be recovered with some minor repair ? I don't need a beauty..just not one as horrible as mine...

  14. #12
    Senior Member crliwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Posts
    965
    Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Still active?

    Have you moved and disposed of the parts ?
    Craig Roberts

  15. #13
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reno,NV
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Manta Garage Sale-No. Nevada

    Hello All, Sorry I have't replied but been in the hospital getting hardware installed, 3 or 4 times. Its hard finding a good "wrench"!
    Its HOT AUGUST NIGHTS time... coming to see the cars? come get some free parts while you're here, but you gotta take it all....
    3 milk crates,a box of stuff,a 10 bolt head, and a pair of bumpers, ALL from 71-74 Manta/1900's,
    you can see pixs on my google photos.. I think I got it shared right...
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...lvdElhSHhjSHJR

    So let me know if you're interested,

  16. #14
    Member Mercougary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    171
    Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I'll be leaving Kingman Mon morning the 12th of Aug. I will stop there on my way to Redding.

  17. #15
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reno,NV
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Manta Garage Sale-No. Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercougary View Post
    I'll be leaving Kingman Mon morning the 12th of Aug. I will stop there on my way to Redding.
    check your messages, I sent my email address to you
    Steve

  18. #16
    3000 Post Club m610's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Esparto, CA USA
    Posts
    3,990
    Real Name
    Mike Meier
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by germanbuick View Post
    You sure you can't use some of this? price is right... FREE
    cleaning out the garage,selling the house,moving and need it gone....???
    I'll take them. I'm about a four hour drive a away, easy enough to get there.

    It'll take a couple of weeks before I can get free to come up.

    Mike

  19. #17
    Opeler Doc_Holliday53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Eastvale, Ca
    Posts
    42
    Real Name
    Cody
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by germanbuick View Post
    Hello All, Sorry I have't replied but been in the hospital getting hardware installed, 3 or 4 times. Its hard finding a good "wrench"!
    Its HOT AUGUST NIGHTS time... coming to see the cars? come get some free parts while you're here, but you gotta take it all....
    3 milk crates,a box of stuff,a 10 bolt head, and a pair of bumpers, ALL from 71-74 Manta/1900's,
    you can see pixs on my google photos.. I think I got it shared right...
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...lvdElhSHhjSHJR

    So let me know if you're interested,
    i'll be in Reno for HAN Thursday. would like to stop by and check it out.

  20. #18
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reno,NV
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Manta Garage Sale-No. Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday53 View Post
    i'll be in Reno for HAN Thursday. would like to stop by and check it out.
    ok guys,Mercougary gave me a date and committed to take it all so I'm gonna call this a done deal...
    and if that doesn't happen, well, I'll re-post and we can go from there.
    It's all in a storage unit,so trying to make it a one stop shop.
    thanks,Steve

  21. #19
    Member bello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    121
    Real Name
    Ernie Bello
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Early Opel parts...

    Quote Originally Posted by germanbuick View Post
    ok guys,Mercougary gave me a date and committed to take it all so I'm gonna call this a done deal...
    and if that doesn't happen, well, I'll re-post and we can go from there.
    It's all in a storage unit,so trying to make it a one stop shop.
    thanks,Steve
    Hi Steve- so, is there anything left? Please advise, interested in a couple of things.... Ernie

  22. #20
    Member Mercougary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    171
    Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Still sorting and taking inventory of all the parts. What is it you need?, maybe I can help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. hello from Nevada
      By Dark loped Gt in forum Introductions
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 09-25-2016, 01:16 AM
    2. NO power, No start, NO click, No lights
      By gabe2000 in forum 1A - Starting and Charging System
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-01-2014, 01:50 PM
    3. Nevada opel club?
      By victrolakid in forum General Discussions
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 03-12-2011, 03:14 PM
    4. nevada
      By nobody in forum Opel Stories
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-23-2007, 02:17 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •