E Brake Handles Available. - Page 3
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: E Brake Handles Available.

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This post is for Terry, a picture of the Cherry E Brake handle.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    soybean and dpre like this.
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    This post is for Terry, a picture of the Cherry E Brake handle.

Bob
    That looks great Bob. Jarrell
    Last edited by soybean; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:54 PM.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    That looks great Bob. Jarrell
    Bump for the night. Jarrell

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ejota View Post
    My e-brake handle arrived yesterday. Kudos to Bob! Really great work and it fits perfectly. Here’s a pic of it in the GT.
    Eric, your picture of your GT interior is great. Are the seats original or were they covered? Just had mine covered, and they look the same.

Bob
    soybean, ejota and dpre like this.
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

Real Name
    Eric
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    Eric, your picture of your GT interior is great. Are the seats original or were they covered? Just had mine covered, and they look the same.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! I recovered them myself with the vinyl seat covers from OGTS last year when the summer temps were hot outside so I could stretch the material over the frames tightly--I read too many comments about saggy seat re-covers and wanted to mitigate that. I stripped the seats down to the frame, painted the frames, added in some foam where needed and used new hog rings to secure the cover to the frames. They turned out pretty good for my first attempt at anything like this. I think it took me 3 days to do both seats. I appreciate the compliment!
    Last edited by ejota; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:39 AM.
    soybean and tealcarver like this.

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow Eric those do look awesome Couldn't tell they weren't from factory, very professional. Its always satisfying when you restore something off the Opel to its original and sometimes better than original. The fruits of our Opel labor
    soybean and ejota like this.

Keep on Opeling rubber side down and shiny side up
    Make a difference and help someone today
    Dan

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Bob! I recovered them myself with the vinyl seat covers from OGTS last year when the summer temps were hot outside so I could stretch the material over the frames tightly--I read too many comments about saggy seat re-covers and wanted to mitigate that. I stripped the seats down to the frame, painted the frames, added in some foam where needed and used new hog rings to secure the cover to the frames. They turned out pretty good for my first attempt at anything like this. I think it took me 3 days to do both seats. I appreciate the compliment!
    I would have tried it myself, but it was like the wiring I was trying to put in the GT, better to pay someone who is an expert. You did a great job on the recovering, I don't think I could get anywhere near that good of results.

Bob
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

Mike's Opel Shop Site Supporter opellane's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Guys,, I got Rotten Luck... I had Bob make me two super nice Walnut Brake Handles and the Post Office went and Lost the Package.. Black Clouds for Me,,, Looks like it was lost in Reno...almost two weeks ago as per the Tracking numbers
    Oh well I know Bob will take care of this..
    soybean likes this.
    MIKE
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1972 Opel GT, 1969 Opel GT, 1973 MGB,

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    Hey Guys,, I got Rotten Luck... I had Bob make me two super nice Walnut Brake Handles and the Post Office went and Lost the Package.. Black Clouds for Me,,, Looks like it was lost in Reno...almost two weeks ago as per the Tracking numbers
    The Dam Post Office went and Lost the Package. On me too. :Jarrell

Real Name
    Eric
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    All is not lost yet! The post office has missing mail assistance and they'll actually investigate it and follow up with you. I've had a lost package recovered using this: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Good luck!
    soybean likes this.

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice. I need some extra padding in mine and can't do it at this time. I put some aftermarket cover from Auto Zone that added bolsters to the side and nothing else. Did you add padding or was that outsourced? Thank you, Jarrell

Real Name
    Eric
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice. I need some extra padding in mine and can't do it at this time. I put some aftermarket cover from Auto Zone that added bolsters to the side and nothing else. Did you add padding or was that outsourced? Thank you, Jarrell
    I added extra thin upholstery padding, mostly on the seat bottom and around the seat wire frame to make it softer. I probably could have added some more to be honest. It's better than it was but could always be a bit more padded for longer drives.

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine came in the mail today, Thank you Bob, it's a work of art. Jarrell
    Last edited by soybean; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:16 AM.
    Colorado Kidd and dpre like this.

Real Name
    Terry
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aaaahhh dddaaammnn you got the best ones
    If you make it through an entire day and learned nothing you weren't paying attention

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I added extra thin upholstery padding, mostly on the seat bottom and around the seat wire frame to make it softer. I probably could have added some more to be honest. It's better than it was but could always be a bit more padded for longer drives.
    Hey my boney butt could use some extra padding, but I checked upstairs in the Shed today and I found some Mazada Miata seats that I had done for My Red Gt. The main selling point on them is that they adjust a whole lot more positions than the Gt. My only complaint is about the same amount of padding as the Gt. Plus there is no one in town that can recover them.
    Oh well to the big Town of Greensboro I go, not for a few months though.
    Did get the Clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, plus a Steel braided hydraulic line from the Clutch Reservoir to clutch itself, on my Sons 350 Z. Also put on an Aluminum Flywheel, needle pilot bearing inside of the flywheel, instead of the original hunk of metal that the car came equipped with in 2006. I'll have a sweat Groc getter next week. Have a good night, Jarrell
    dpre likes this.

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by terrylewisac View Post
    aaaahhh dddaaammnn you got the best ones
    One only,(1), just a closer view. Bob said that is Olive Wood. That is the last one tho. The others are African Olive Wood. I have no clue as to the difference between them. Apparently Bob turns wood as a hobby during the Winter. I go down stairs and play with my trains. I have most of the larger engines equipped with Command Control by Lenz. Jarrell
    dpre likes this.

2000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One only,(1), just a closer view. Bob said that is Olive Wood. That is the last one tho. The others are African Olive Wood. I have no clue as to the difference between them. Apparently Bob turns wood as a hobby during the Winter. I go down stairs and play with my trains. I have most of the larger engines equipped with Command Control by Lenz. Jarrell
    HO or ?? size? -- Doug

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by slracer View Post
    HO or ?? size? -- Doug
    HO. All the rails are on cork, painted black and curves are graded as their real life counterpart. The last line to run is a line to the Coal Station in the left Corner. I spent 6 nights assembling the mine. All switches are run back to Acme push buttons with 2 Capacitor Discharge Machines. 1/board. Switches are also set up to light lights on a seperate board. The Capacitor Discharge Machines also power Route control Buttons. Ie: push 1 button, 5-7 switches align to get on/off either of two Main Lines. Infrared lights underneath the track, prevent an oncoming train to enter the block, with a switch opposed to the main. Ie,: no wrecks. I started when my son was 5, he is 32, Nov 20 of this month. Wiring is a nightmare, with 4 boards that swing up/down for access, that lock flush. I hand built the whole nightmare with 1x4s on 1 ft centers. You can stand on them and walk. All for a hobby. But, I like it.
    Jarrell
    dpre and terrylewisac like this.

Real Name
    Terry
    Downloads
    Uploads
    chooo chooo All aboard, watch your step folks and welcome to the Opel Express, May I see your pass please
    If you make it through an entire day and learned nothing you weren't paying attention

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its worth mentioning again to all who are interested in having a hand wood crafted parking brake handle. Bob (tealcarver) has some for sale and they are absolutely beautiful. I sure love the one I got from Bob. He sends an easy installation information sheet as well. If you are interested, PM the tealcarver

By the way, nice train setup Jarrell I have always loved to watch trains go around a track from early age. Maybe we just never grow up in some areas
    soybean and terrylewisac like this.

Keep on Opeling rubber side down and shiny side up
    Make a difference and help someone today
    Dan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information