Stock GT seats and rails
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Stock GT seats and rails

  1. #1
    1000 Post Club tealcarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    1,296
    Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Stock GT seats and rails

    I am looking for a pair of GT seats. The don't have to be perfect by any means. Planning to reupholster any way. I need the rails for the seats too. I am too tall to sit in the corbeau seats that are in there now. I hit my head on the headliner. Please let me know what you have and the price and approximate shipping costs to 89406 (Fallon, Nevada)

    Thanks,
    Bob
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,341
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    I am looking for a pair of GT seats. The don't have to be perfect by any means. Planning to reupholster any way. I need the rails for the seats too. I am too tall to sit in the corbeau seats that are in there now. I hit my head on the headliner. Please let me know what you have and the price and approximate shipping costs to 89406 (Fallon, Nevada)

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Bob, How tall are the Corbeau seats and how do they mount? I have extra seats and rails. Just have to pull them out of one of my "other gts''. And what can we maybe work out on some type of trade/money? PM me some details. Thank you, Jarrell
    tealcarver likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  4. #3
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,214
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    I'm a little under 6', okay.....I'm 5'11", but I used to be "almost 6' ", but, then again, I suppose that EVERYONE, who isn't exactly 6', is "almost" 6'.

    Ummm.......what were we talking about......?

    Oh yeah, seats, yeah, I like Miata/MX5 seats. Great lumbar support, the backs narrow towards the top which makes the car seem more roomy and makes accessing the luggage area easier, great, love'm.



    OH YEAH!.....Now I remember!.......I'm "almost 6' " and my head doesn't hit the roof in those seats!

    Last edited by The Scifi Guy; 05-23-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    soybean, tealcarver and Bbutler787 like this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Resident Curmudgeon Opelmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Omro, WI
    Posts
    1,395
    Real Name
    Mel
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    I'm a little under 6', okay.....I'm 5'11", but I used to be "almost 6' ", but, then again, I suppose that EVERYONE, who isn't exactly 6', is "almost" 6".

    Ummm.......what was I talking about......?

    Oh yeah, seats, yeah, I like Miata/MX5 seats. Great lumbar support, the backs narrow towards the top which makes the car seem more roomy and makes accessing the luggage area easier, great, love'm.



    OH YEAH!.....Now I remember!.......I'm "almost 6' " and my head doesn't hit the roof in those seats!

    Do the Miata seats leave the same distance between seat bottom and headliner, or do they shrink the gap somewhat?

    For comparison, in my GT with the seat all the way back, the distance from the rearmost part of the seat base straight up to the headliner is @34 1/4".
    Last edited by Opelmel; 05-23-2019 at 09:26 AM.

  7. #5
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,214
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    I'll guess that the distance will be 1" shorter, like 33". I'll try to remember to take a measurement after work when I do a carb install. I do have pics and measurements of where your azz contacts the seat and how that compares to the height of the door sill, but I'm at work and can't get to them in my home pc until after work.

  8. #6
    1000 Post Club tealcarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    1,296
    Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    GT Seats

    Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    Bob, How tall are the Corbeau seats and how do they mount? I have extra seats and rails. Just have to pull them out of one of my "other gts''. And what can we maybe work out on some type of trade/money? PM me some details. Thank you, Jarrell

    Jarrell: Just my luck, I am going to sell the Corbeau seats to a friend that is going to put them in a Jeep. I should have posted here first, but didn't. The Corbeau seats height is the issue for me, the headrest hits the headliner. I removed the headrests, now my head hits the headliner. Let me know what you have and we can go from there. Thanks.

    Bob
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

  9. #7
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,214
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Just taken pics. Here are my seats, standard cloth ones:

    MIata seat measurements in the GTX (3).jpg

    I measured straight up vertically from the crease at the lowest part of the seat....

    MIata seat measurements in the GTX (1).jpg

    ....to the headliner.:

    MIata seat measurements in the GTX (2).jpg

    34". And that's with 3/4" of wood shims under the oem GT rails attached to Miata seat frame(I remove the very nice Miata slider rails because the ends don't conform to the GT and because I can't weld to change them). I install the shims to allow the seat to slide back and forth. The belly underneath the Miata seats extends down almost 2" below the rails and will hit the GT seat mount crossbars if you don't shim them upwards.

    Measured another way, here's a pic measured from the carpet just to the inside of the door sill straight up. The crease I measured from is at the 2" mark:

    MIata seat measurements in the GTX (4).jpg

    soybean, tealcarver and Opelmel like this.

  10. #8
    Bikini Inspector Frozen Tundra GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,752
    Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    I have a nice set. One seat is already done with ogts vinyl replacement. Other seat still needs to be done. Frames are square and not twisted or rusted bad. I just have to find other vinyl replacement cover. If i find it

    $650 shipped. Replacement vinyl is $400 alone.
    tealcarver likes this.

  11. #9
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,341
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    Jarrell: Just my luck, I am going to sell the Corbeau seats to a friend that is going to put them in a Jeep. I should have posted here first, but didn't. The Corbeau seats height is the issue for me, the headrest hits the headliner. I removed the headrests, now my head hits the headliner. Let me know what you have and we can go from there. Thanks.

    Bob
    Oh well it was worth a try. Thanks, Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  12. #10
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,341
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    I'm a little under 6', okay.....I'm 5'11", but I used to be "almost 6' ", but, then again, I suppose that EVERYONE, who isn't exactly 6', is "almost" 6'.
    Ummm.......what were we talking about......?
    Oh yeah, seats, yeah, I like Miata/MX5 seats. Great lumbar support, the backs narrow towards the top which makes the car seem more roomy and makes accessing the luggage area easier, great, love'm.
    OH YEAH!.....Now I remember!.......I'm "almost 6' " and my head doesn't hit the roof in those seats!
    Yeah, but A pain making the blocks to sit them on to bolt up to original Opel holes, Jarrell
    tealcarver likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  13. #11
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,341
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra GT View Post
    I have a nice set. One seat is already done with ogts vinyl replacement. Other seat still needs to be done. Frames are square and not twisted or rusted bad. I just have to find other vinyl replacement cover. If i find it

    $650 shipped. Replacement vinyl is $400 alone.
    Thanks, but no offence, but a little out of my league. They are probably well worth it, but my wallet isn't. Thank you for the offer though, Jarrell
    tealcarver likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  14. #12
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,341
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Just taken pics. Here are my seats, standard cloth ones:

    MIata seat measurements in the GTX (3).jpg

    I measured straight up vertically from the crease at the lowest part of the seat....

    MIata seat measurements in the GTX (1).jpg

    ....to the headliner.:

    MIata seat measurements in the GTX (2).jpg

    34". And that's with 3/4" of wood shims under the oem GT rails attached to Miata seat frame(I remove the very nice Miata slider rails because the ends don't conform to the GT and because I can't weld to change them). I install the shims to allow the seat to slide back and forth. The belly underneath the Miata seats extends down almost 2" below the rails and will hit the GT seat mount crossbars if you don't shim them upwards.

    Measured another way, here's a pic measured from the carpet just to the inside of the door sill straight up. The crease I measured from is at the 2" mark:

    MIata seat measurements in the GTX (4).jpg

    Thank you Gordo. I stuck a set in my Red Gt, and found out about the shims. I made mine out of Aluminium as per a thread some where here. I did get a set of cushy covers from Auto Zone many years ago and they provide some support in the brown Gt. Jarrell
    tealcarver likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  15. #13
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,214
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    I used 3/4" red oak wood blocks to shim mine.

    Here's some pics I had stored on the site here:


    The beige leather Miata seats I had in my Red Baron car. I'll be modding them to fit in my Wagon project:





    This pic shows 2 Miata seats, the one on the left has the Miata sliders, the one on the right has the slider's removed:



    This pic shows GT sliders attached to the Miata seat:

    soybean and tealcarver like this.

  16. #14
    1000 Post Club tealcarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    1,296
    Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra GT View Post
    I have a nice set. One seat is already done with ogts vinyl replacement. Other seat still needs to be done. Frames are square and not twisted or rusted bad. I just have to find other vinyl replacement cover. If i find it

    $650 shipped. Replacement vinyl is $400 alone.
    James, I am interested if the seats are black. Let me know, I sent you a private message yesterday.

    Bob
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

  17. #15
    Bikini Inspector Frozen Tundra GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,752
    Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    James, I am interested if the seats are black. Let me know, I sent you a private message yesterday.

    Bob
    Sorry for delay getting back to you. Im gonna dig through storage today and message you tonight.

    Thanks
    tealcarver likes this.

  18. #16
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    13,214
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    These pics show the wood shims I made for Miata seats:

    Miata seats with GT rails (3).JPGMiata seats with GT rails (2).JPGMiata seats with GT rails (1).JPG

    The Miata seat frame rails are about 3" wider than a GT's, so the shims are configured to account for that.
    tealcarver likes this.

  19. #17
    2000 Post Club soybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Reidsville N.C.
    Posts
    2,341
    Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    I used 3/4" red oak wood blocks to shim mine.

    Here's some pics I had stored on the site here:


    The beige leather Miata seats I had in my Red Baron car. I'll be modding them to fit in my Wagon project:





    This pic shows 2 Miata seats, the one on the left has the Miata sliders, the one on the right has the slider's removed:



    This pic shows GT sliders attached to the Miata seat:

    The Miata seats are really the way to go. I like the pic of the ones with the Gt slide attached. A nice set, Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

  20. #18
    Bikini Inspector Frozen Tundra GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,752
    Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    MY gosh!!! cheapest quote so far for shipping seats is $225!!!!!! any suggestions?



    pic for bob of naugehyde seats
    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. #19
    1000 Post Club kwschumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,840
    Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra GT View Post
    MY gosh!!! cheapest quote so far for shipping seats is $225!!!!!! any suggestions?



    pic for bob of naugehyde seats
    Have you tried uship.com? Some don't like them but it has always come through for me.
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"

  22. #20
    Opeler
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,749
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    GreyHound Shipping?

    Home
    Terms and Conditions of Purchase and Carriage

    Weight: No single package will be accepted for transportation that exceeds one hundred (100) pounds in actual weight. Baggage in Express Service shipments may not exceed 75 pounds per piece.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Jegster 12-point cage w/ frame rails
      By massiminob in forum Performance Suspension and Braking Upgrades
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
    2. Modernize Stock GT seats?
      By azopelnut in forum 2B - Seats, Windows and Interior trim
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 07-17-2009, 09:19 PM
    3. Do seats come off rails?
      By standups in forum 2B - Seats, Windows and Interior trim
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 01-06-2009, 11:49 PM
    4. manta chassis rails
      By Sven in forum 2D - Body Repairs and Modifications
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 07-11-2007, 01:40 AM
    5. 68- 75 opels eligible for nhra stock and super stock
      By 72opelguy in forum Racers Forum
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-26-2003, 05:13 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •