'75 Fuel Injection Auxiliary Air Valve Wanted
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By norbertone.gt371
  • 1 Post By Frozen Tundra GT
  • 1 Post By Manta Rallier
  • 1 Post By derekgreenwood

Thread: '75 Fuel Injection Auxiliary Air Valve Wanted

Opel Rallier since 1977
    Downloads
    Uploads

'75 Fuel Injection Auxiliary Air Valve Wanted

As the title says....'75 Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator Wanted. Thanks!

Eidt: OOOPS! Never mind...found one from a FL distributor..... we'll see if it is OK. Harko is the name.

NOW I need an Auxiliary Air Valve
    Last edited by Manta Rallier; 06-21-2019 at 01:44 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Manta Rallier View Post
    As the title says....'75 Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator Wanted. Thanks!

Eidt: OOOPS! Never mind...found one from a FL distributor..... we'll see if it is OK. Harko is the name.

NOW I need an Auxiliary Air Valve
    Do you have a picture, or a diagram? I have a complete 75 LH? Fuel injection system on a 74 Manta, that I am going to get rid of. It didn't do what I wanted to do the last time I ran it. Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Tennessean Site Supporter hrcollinsjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Harold Collins
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have some miscellaneous pieces if Jarrell does want to part out a complete FI setup.

Harold

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

4,000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hrcollinsjr View Post
    I have some miscellaneous pieces if Jarrell does want to part out a complete FI setup.

Harold
    Harold
    I think he mean part number 5 on the picture

Is not cheap as new ones.This one is for the 2.0E

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Zusatzluftsc...sAAOSwSwNbRHpY
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hrcollinsjr likes this.

Schöne Grüße an alle Flachkadetten!

Opel Rallier since 1977
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, thank you all, it is indeed part #5 in the above diagram. There are new aftermarket ones made but not necessarily listed as being for for the early Opel FI. I have read they are not too critical but would like to try to get the proper one. (And thanks for the eBay link; I had not spotted that ad.)

I would entertain just a few parts or the whole shooting match, so if Harold or Jarrell wish to PM me a price on their bits, we can go from there.

I am just starting to test this system out and try to get it to run and have replaced the injectors with SMP FJ707's (the old 104's were in there), found a bad EV-1 connector prong on the thermo-time switch (preventing the cold start injector from working), and the pressure regulator is running about 7 psi high and looks to be a replacement. So who knows what I will go through as this moves along; the brain-box is an unknown. The MAF sensor and fuel pump check out so far.

Thanks! Mark B.

Project 1450 supporter... Site Supporter RallyBob's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just tore down 7 Opel EFI intakes. I just wanted the manifolds, nothing else.

I might have a few of those laying around, though I did just sell Charles Goin a couple of thermostat housings with that part still attached.
    My Flickr photos.
    C.R.L. 9/22/69 - 12/8/99, J.M.L. 3/3/43 - 6/15/04, D.M.L. 9/19/50 - 6/23/10, E.G. Sauer 2/26/66 - 2/18/10

'70 GT 'Bonnie', '71 Ascona 4-dr turbo - winter beater, '71 Ascona 4-dr 'Turd' - rallycar, '72 Ascona wagon - 'Red', '72 Manta - caged street car, '74 Manta Luxus - factory sunroof, '74 Manta ITB racecar, '75 Manta - racecar

Opel Rallier since 1977
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyBob View Post

I might have a few of those laying around, though I did just sell Charles Goin a couple of thermostat housings with that part still attached.
    Let me know if you do, Bob. Tnx!

There will probably be more parts needs as this progresses.

Bikini Inspector Frozen Tundra GT's Avatar
    Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i need a efi throttle cable with BIG grommet throttle bracket.

pretty please yall
    jayhawkjesse33 likes this.

Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra GT View Post
    i need a efi throttle cable with BIG grommet throttle bracket.

pretty please yall
    Not sure if you mean me or not.

I have a couple of used 1975 throttle cables, from 1.9 L-Jetronic EFI. But I’m not sure what you mean by ‘big‘ grommet.

The 1975 1.9 cables are not the same as the later 2.0 LE-Jetronic cables. They use a different linkage system.
    Last edited by RallyBob; 06-23-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    My Flickr photos.
    C.R.L. 9/22/69 - 12/8/99, J.M.L. 3/3/43 - 6/15/04, D.M.L. 9/19/50 - 6/23/10, E.G. Sauer 2/26/66 - 2/18/10

'70 GT 'Bonnie', '71 Ascona 4-dr turbo - winter beater, '71 Ascona 4-dr 'Turd' - rallycar, '72 Ascona wagon - 'Red', '72 Manta - caged street car, '74 Manta Luxus - factory sunroof, '74 Manta ITB racecar, '75 Manta - racecar

Bikini Inspector Frozen Tundra GT's Avatar
    Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure if you mean me or not.

I have a couple of used 1975 throttle cables, from 1.9 L-Jetronic EFI. But I’m not sure what you mean by ‘big‘ grommet.

The 1975 1.9 cables are not the same as the later 2.0 LE-Jetronic cables. They use a different linkage system.
    No,you already let me know that you didnt have them, I would never bug you like that. I was asking anybody out there who might have them. Harold and Jarrell might not have seen my part request in other thread...
    In a phone convo with Pete Anastos he explained cables by which throttle bracket is needed. some brackets have larger hole, requiring the big grommet on cable. I have a bracket with larger hole.

maybe all 2.0 efi have larger hole I dunno

Opel Rallier since 1977
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll connect with some of the folks with candidate parts in a few days. Meanwhile further testing has shown that the thermo-time switch cuts off in 1-2 seconds, not 5 minutes, killing the cold start injector too fast, and the temp sensor for the ECU is shot, reading almost 1 meg ohm at 80F, and not the approximate 2k ohm that it should. Work has progressed to where the engine will try to start on the cold start injector but not run;

Fuel pressure is within range to where the injector should open (43 psi with some vacuum in the intake; ought to be mid-30's). The MAF sensor is working and putting out reasonable voltages so the ECU is not dead. Spark plugs are not smelling rich or showing excess fuel so it looks like it is not getting the injectors fired. I'll put an oscilloscope on the injector leads in a while and see if the ECU is putting out pulses. We are suspecting that to be the issue.

If it is the ECU, we'll try to figure out why is does not put out pulses. Then I'll re-evaluate the whole deal. I spent 15 years designing electroncis just like this, analog control circuits, so can probably tackle it, but it may not be worth it; putting in a newer ECU may be better.

Edit to update: Looks like thermo-time switch is OK.... read that it is only supposed to stay in circuit for a second when temps are this warm...just enough to make a squirt into the intake and get things going.
    Last edited by Manta Rallier; 06-24-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    soybean likes this.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Use an early Z Car one

Back in the late 70's my air aux valve went bad on my 75 Manta. Back then they wanted like 80 bucks for it at the dealer. I got one for a Z-Car for like 26 bucks back then. The only real difference was the adjustment on the little air bypass. The Z one let in a little more air. I adjusted it and it worked just fine for the life of the car.
    Manta Rallier likes this.

Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let me know if you do, Bob. Tnx!

There will probably be more parts needs as this progresses.
    Well heck. Looks like I sent Charles all my auxiliary air bypass valves.

I did find a fuel pressure regulator. And an ECU I could send you. No idea if either work properly.

BTW I have also found that many Nissan auxiliary air valves are a perfect match dimensionally. But they can be disassembled and cleaned easily. I know the 1991-1994 Sentras are a match.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RallyBob; 06-29-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    My Flickr photos.

Opel Rallier since 1977
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well darn that Charles LOL. Thanks Bob, I'll contact you and see what we can do. I can probably use an aux air valve from some of the used ones for similar cars on eBay.

I am now questioning if I need another air flow meter..... I'll know in a day or so. The present one is not opening not hardly at all, not nearly far as it should at idle. Testing for air leaks in everything right now.

I see you moved to Nude Hampster now. We almost went by your place in Feb heading up to snowmobile in Maine this winter.

Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well darn that Charles LOL. Thanks Bob, I'll contact you and see what we can do. I can probably use an aux air valve from some of the used ones for similar cars on eBay.

I am now questioning if I need another air flow meter..... I'll know in a day or so. The present one is not opening not hardly at all, not nearly far as it should at idle. Testing for air leaks in everything right now.

I see you moved to Nude Hampster now. We almost went by your place in Feb heading up to snowmobile in Maine this winter.
    I should have a few air flow meters. Just gotta find one that hasn’t been tampered with. Everybody likes to pry the covers off and mess with the spring tension.
    My Flickr photos.

Thread Information