Opel GT Forum banner

Coilover issues

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  davegt27 
#1 ·
What the difference between the adjustable damper coilover and non adjustable coilover?

I use the original spring, can I change it to a coilover system.

#3 ·
OK, did a search of coilover, and I have to admit it added to my knowledge, It looks like quite an undertaking to make a conversion. I am adding a link that might be of value, you might put "coilover" into the search and you would be surprised at the number of articles available. The might not be what you are looking for, but a good place to start.

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/perfor...4-anyone-have-coilover-setup-need-advice.html

Bob

#5 ·
The difference between adjustable and non adjustable shocks is just that. Non adjustable doesn't give you the option of tuning your shocks for different conditions. Unless you are a seasoned driver and plan to push your car to the limits on track days you will be just fine with non adjustable shocks. As for converting to coilovers it's not really difficult if you have good fabrication skills. You will have to box and strengthen the front crossmember, build new tubular A arms and add a cross brace.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.