Attending the 2019 Nationals Poll?
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the 2019 Opel Nationals in Charlotte, October 19th?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I plan to attend with my Opel!

8 40.00%
  • Yes, I plan to attend without an opel.

1 5.00%
  • Nope, not going.

6 30.00%
  • Thinking about it.

5 25.00%

Thread: Attending the 2019 Nationals Poll?

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads

Attending the 2019 Nationals Poll?

Just running a Poll to try and get a number for those of you who plan on attending the 2019 Opel Nationals in Charlotte in conjunction with the Fall AutoFair, October 19th.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumped back up!
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads

Updates

The 2019 Opel Nationals is fast approaching so here are a few updates.

Reserving a hotel room needs to be done by September 15th in order to get the Opel Club discount. The rooms reserved by the club that are not reserved by individuals will be released back to the general public for $179 a night! The link for reservations is in an above post.

Those of you wishing to show your Opel at the Nationals, there is a $10 registration fee. This goes for all Car clubs. This will get you two people passes and a windshield sticker for Friday and Saturday. This is much cheaper than Carlisle! I would need to know something by September 15th, at the latest, if you will attend. I have to turn the money into the Speedway officials by then in order to pick up your passes and Windshield sticker. I can either mail these to you or you can pick them up at the hotel either Thursday or Friday.

I now have most of the nicest Opels to go into the AutoFair Showcase Pavilion. They had asked for 8 - 9 of our best Opels to go on display. These cars will be displayed from Thursday, October 17th, 18th and Saturday the 19th. All the other Opels at the AutoFair will be located right outside the Pavilion. The best exposure we could ever expect. The AutoFair uses what’s displaying in The Showcase Pavilion to advertise the upcoming show. Billboards, TV, newspaper, website, radio, etc. Other cars other than our Opels will be in there but there’s a good chance we will be on some advertisements.

We plan to have an Opel parts auction at the speedway on Saturday. Don’t know if would be a “silent” auction or not. I’m open to suggestions. The monies will help offset expenses with the remainder going to the “Make-A-Wish” Foundation. The last Nationals we had at Charlotte, we raised over $1,800 for the Crohn’s Disease foundation, after expenses.

There will be a band back at the hotel after the show just for us! It’s three guys playing guitars and singing. Really good guys and great music. You won’t be disappointed.

We are still figuring out places to eat as a group or just let y’all eat on your own. Open for suggestions. I will have a sheet/flyer for what times we are supposed to be where, just so we can be somewhat organized. If you decide to find your own places to eat, then I will just have an “open” time slot for that. Believe me, there are tons of places to get some grub around the hotel.

Starting to work on the T-shirts. Suggestions are welcome soon. Color shirt? I’m thinking of T-shirts instead of Polo shirts with embroidery. Thoughts?

More updates later. Any suggestions are welcome as this is your big show!
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump....