How old are you and tell us a story... - Page 21
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: How old are you?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 18

66 6.88%
  • 18 to 21

111 11.57%
  • 22 to 25

69 7.19%
  • 26 to 30

91 9.49%
  • 31 to 35

94 9.80%
  • 36 to 45

236 24.61%
  • 46 to 55

184 19.19%
  • Over 55

108 11.26%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: How old are you and tell us a story...

Real Name
    Terry
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well why not I'm 46 And bought my first GT a few months ago 4 I think. I wasn't even looking for a Gt. We'll to be honest didn't know they existed if I did I've probably only seen one in my life.
    I was actually looking for a 79-81 mazda 626 2 door coupe ( childhood car I really enjoyed)
    Then on the 7th page of C.L. when I was about to call it quits ( simply cause I probably never find one)
    I scroll half way down and Hhhuumm what in gods green earth do we have here? 73 opel gt. holy shcnitt that is the coolest damn thing I think I've ever seen
    I gotta go see this, saw it in person, took a test drive and that was it, it's mine all mine.
    Then I joined this site and met an entirely new family of folks that finished filling the void in my achy brachy opelin heart

Thank you all for welcoming me to your humble community couldn't be happier
    soybean and dpre like this.
    If you make it through an entire day and learned nothing you weren't paying attention

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Chuck
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by terrylewisac View Post
    I was actually looking for a 79-81 mazda 626 2 door coupe ( childhood car I really enjoyed)
    Back in the late 80's early 90's I had a 1982 Mazda 626 4 door with 5 speed manual trans. Bought it for 200 dollars. That was the funnest, well handling putt-putt. Fuel mileage in the upper 20's to low 30's, split back 60/40 fold down rear seats (easy access to the trunk where adult style beverages may or may not have been). Loved that little car. Then my brother borrowed it and blew up the engine. grrr.
    dpre and terrylewisac like this.
    "Be Water, My Friend" Bruce Lee, December 9, 1971

Real Name
    Terry
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow73GT View Post
    Back in the late 80's early 90's I had a 1982 Mazda 626 4 door with 5 speed manual trans. Bought it for 200 dollars. That was the funnest, well handling putt-putt. Fuel mileage in the upper 20's to low 30's, split back 60/40 fold down rear seats (easy access to the trunk where adult style beverages may or may not have been). Loved that little car. Then my brother borrowed it and blew up the engine. grrr.
    mine was sky sparkle blue ( if that's A color) and white interior. I finally lost it at 20 in N.C do to my first and only DUI and couldn't afford to get back have missed it ever since
    dpre likes this.
    If you make it through an entire day and learned nothing you weren't paying attention

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Terry I would have to agree with you that you were fortunate to have an Opel GT verses a Mazda 626. Plus this is a great bunch of people to live Opel life with.
    terrylewisac likes this.

Keep on Opeling rubber side down and shiny side up
    Make a difference and help someone today
    Dan

Real Name
    Terry
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No doubt Dan agreed agreed agreed
    dpre likes this.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My opel story is a little sad, the poor thing has been in my garage on jack stands since 2006. A Saab Sonett that has been on jack stands since 2005 lives next to it. In the third stall resides my '84 Volvo 240 with a '93 LT1 swapped in. I actually drive that one. My '96 Accord (F23A swap) and '96 Tacoma (the newest vehicles I've ever owned) sit outside in the driveway enjoying the Las Vegas sun. They get driven periodically too.

At age 40 I've finally realized that I'm not going to live forever so if I'm ever going to enjoy the Opel and the Saab I simply need to get on it. Many questions to follow...thanks in advance!
    dpre likes this.
    1972 & 73 Opel GT. 1972, 73, & 74 Saab Sonett. 1996 Taco. 1996 Accord.

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you are alone imamachine There are plenty of other Opel owners out there that have put their project on hold for various reasons. Shoot when in comes right down to it, most all of us Opel owners are always working/tinkering on the old Opel at different speeds. Has to do with time, money, energy, focused attention, interest and more MONEY, lots more MONEY

Hang in there and stay with it, your young at 40. Surly by the time you reach my age (60) your Opel will be outside and derivable
    terrylewisac likes this.

Keep on Opeling rubber side down and shiny side up
    Make a difference and help someone today
    Dan

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dpre View Post
    I don't think you are alone imamachine There are plenty of other Opel owners out there that have put their project on hold for various reasons. Shoot when in comes right down to it, most all of us Opel owners are always working/tinkering on the old Opel at different speeds. Has to do with time, money, energy, focused attention, interest and more MONEY, lots more MONEY

Hang in there and stay with it, your young at 40. Surly by the time you reach my age (60) your Opel will be outside and derivable
    Thanks for the pep talk! ha ha. The focused attention is the hard part, and a strong desire to get everything perfect the first time makes it easy to shrug and go back inside! I've remounted the research horse so that at least feels like step 1, sort of. I've waited so long that some things have changed like finding a Getrag and the FI options available now. Head spinning...
    1972 & 73 Opel GT. 1972, 73, & 74 Saab Sonett. 1996 Taco. 1996 Accord.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread Information