German scale tuning - Page 16
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 301 to 314 of 314
Like Tree406Likes

Thread: German scale tuning

  1. #301
    3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany/Bremen
    Posts
    3,974
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Gordon
    Thanks that you make the video and pictures.
    Now I can see the GTX model have a good place and you can enjoy it with the light show.
    Hope you enjoy also the details at all.
    You have take a look at the interieur,door panels and engine bay with the Gordo picture??

    Thanks for this feedback now

    Norbert
    Last edited by norbertone.gt371; 05-04-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    The Scifi Guy likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #302
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,377
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    4 hours of moving cars around and dozens of pics just to get a few good ones. Then I made a video, but ran out of memory just before the cool shot of the lights dancing on the model GTX's hood.

    Here's the video:

    https://youtu.be/hFimfKJObx0

    Here's the pics that were good enough. The first 4 all seem the same, but are slightly different. Pic your favorite.

    Attachment 382689Attachment 382691Attachment 382693Attachment 382695Attachment 382697Attachment 382699Attachment 382701Attachment 382703

    Wonderful work as usual Norbert!
    https://www.opelgt.com/forums/images/smilies/bs2.gif

    OK, so where is the mirror that should be under the "big model"? ... ...

    Doug
    The Scifi Guy likes this.

  4. #303
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    12,836
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by norbertone.gt371 View Post
    Gordon

    You have take a look at the interieur,door panels and engine bay with the Gordo picture??

    Norbert
    I noticed those things a long time ago. Today I noticed the sunglasses on the dash and the turnbuckles for the trailer hitch, plus I saw a little bit of the yellow A-arms. The turnbuckles were a big surprize! Also the little chromy ashtray. I was showing it to my neighbor and he opened the door too far and it popped off and that is when I noticed the Miata door handles.

    You are a very clever guy Norbert!


  5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #304
    3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany/Bremen
    Posts
    3,974
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    I noticed those things a long time ago. Today I noticed the sunglasses on the dash and the turnbuckles for the trailer hitch, plus I saw a little bit of the yellow A-arms. The turnbuckles were a big surprize! Also the little chromy ashtray. I was showing it to my neighbor and he opened the door too far and it popped off and that is when I noticed the Miata door handles.

    You are a very clever guy Norbert!

    Yes the doors, You can fix and snap in the door as best in a 45° angel.Is easy to do!
    Handle with care,its not a Kids toy!

    Next to the ashtray lays the keys!

  7. #305
    3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany/Bremen
    Posts
    3,974
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    At time I still copie the Yellow Bird Good Job
    Hey Mike
    Clean up your PM folders,can´t sent message

  8. #306
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    12,836
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    I have this beautiful, almost perfect, PRNDL in my parts stash.

    The bolts you asked about are standard 5/16" bolts with a flange around the bolt head to spread out the force. The stainless bolt in the picture is a 2" long bolt. The stock bolt is 5/8" long.

    Norbert.jpg

  9. #307
    3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany/Bremen
    Posts
    3,974
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    I have this beautiful, almost perfect, PRNDL in my parts stash.

    The bolts you asked about are standard 5/16" bolts with a flange around the bolt head to spread out the force. The stainless bolt in the picture is a 2" long bolt. The stock bolt is 5/8" long.

    Norbert.jpg
    Thank you so much for search and check the bolt thread
    Wow this PRNDL looks soooooo fantastic

    Now I must search for four bolts with flange head UNC 5/16"x 1 1/4"long and four nuts UNC 5/16"
    Must be in grad 8 Correct??

    Norbert
    Last edited by norbertone.gt371; 1 Week Ago at 12:50 AM.

  10. #308
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    12,836
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    They are only oil pan bolts on an auto tranny that are torqued to less than 20 lbs.. I do not think they need to be strong. Normal good quality bolts should be good enough. The important and hard part is to find ones with the big flange around the bolt head. They are very similar to the bolts used on a differential cover, but they are American thread.

  11. #309
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    12,836
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by norbertone.gt371 View Post

    Now I must search for four bolts with flange head UNC 5/16"x 1 1/4"long and four nuts UNC 5/16"
    Must be in grad 8 Correct??

    Norbert
    Why do you need such long tranny pan bolts and with nuts also?

    PICTURES!

  12. #310
    3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany/Bremen
    Posts
    3,974
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Why do you need such long tranny pan bolts and with nuts also?

    PICTURES!
    I buy ones just in time now. 4 bolts in 5/16 UNC 1 1/4 long and 4 bolts in 5/16 UNC 1 1/8 long. And 4 self secure nuts.
    I need it for the new bracket what hold the shifter linkage.
    You know I must swap the linkage from right side to the left side.

    Wahaha
    I`m not drill not bigger holes
    The Scifi Guy likes this.

  13. #311
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    12,836
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Do you need anything else? I have an extra cover and 1-2 of the black plastic frames that hold the PRNDL and the brushes. They have one crack, like all of them have, because the shift handle is fatter than the opening and the plastic does not flex like when new. No brushes. I do not need those things for my car.

    Do you want me to send the PRNDL right now?


  14. #312
    3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany/Bremen
    Posts
    3,974
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Do you need anything else? I have an extra cover and 1-2 of the black plastic frames that hold the PRNDL and the brushes. They have one crack, like all of them have, because the shift handle is fatter than the opening and the plastic does not flex like when new. No brushes. I do not need those things for my car.

    Do you want me to send the PRNDL right now?

    Gordon
    The gap on the rear in the brusch frame is no crack
    Its from Factory! So you can easy remove when must change a fail bulb

    Oh
    I only need the PRNDSL letter plastic glass.The other parts I have still in my shelf.
    Tell me what you want for it.So you can send it right now!

    Norbert

  15. #313
    Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cöllingswööd, NJ
    Posts
    12,836
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by norbertone.gt371 View Post
    Gordon
    The gap on the rear in the brusch frame is no crack
    Its from Factory! So you can easy remove when must change a fail bulb


    Norbert
    Really? I think I smell poopy. Sounds like bull schitt to me. I will now have to check all of the ones I have to see if the crack is in the same place.

    You owe me nothing. I will put it in the mail as soon as I can.


  16. #314
    3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany/Bremen
    Posts
    3,974
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Really? I think I smell poopy. Sounds like bull schitt to me. I will now have to check all of the ones I have to see if the crack is in the same place.

    You owe me nothing. I will put it in the mail as soon as I can.

    Thank you so much.
    Gordon you think I lie?
    The main problem is Opel Plant Bochum make this Gap in the frame all the time
    Opel Plant Collingswood make it not.They take a hack saw. So the gap is not at the same place

    Let us stopp here now.Its my Model thread!
    Let us go to my Member projekt thread.

    Norbert
    Last edited by norbertone.gt371; 1 Week Ago at 03:21 PM.
    opelgtguy likes this.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Quality Scale Models?
      By Johnvan in forum Scale Models
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM
    2. New 1:24 scale Opel GT from Italy
      By Jonzo in forum Scale Models
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 09-25-2009, 02:53 PM
    3. GT Promo Scale Model
      By opelgtboy70 in forum Scale Models
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 04-16-2009, 05:43 AM
    4. Opel GT 1:10 scale
      By blauwmarc in forum Scale Models
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM
    5. Op(a)l Roadster(Speedster) 1/10 scale RC car
      By opelenvy in forum Scale Models
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: 01-30-2005, 08:37 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •