Need top Opels for Showcase Pavilion at 2019 Nationals this Fall! - Page 2
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Need top Opels for Showcase Pavilion at 2019 Nationals this Fall!

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    Ooooooner had PM'd me about bringing my Opel bicycle for the display. That's actually a pretty good idea, but I would have to take it in my Ford Escape. Woo-hoo, maybe they'll let me take it out on the track!

You talking about the Opel Bike, right? You could set a speedway speed record!
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, I would love to be there, but living in Nevada kind of limits how far I can drive. Sounds like a great show and the featured spot in the show. Just too far to drive or trailer the car and take the truck for transportation.

Bob
    soybean likes this.
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still looking for 2 to 3 more great Opel's for the Showcase pavilion at the Fall AutoFair! If you have any questions, please let me know.

The car will need to be at the Speedway from Wednesday through Saturday evening. The reason is that the Speedway needs to car on Wednesday to "stage" the car with lighting, ropes, signage, etc. Then it needs to stay for the paying public. Some of the cars in the Pavilion will be used for advertising on billboards, radio, etc. The Speedway also carries insurance for your car while on their property!

If you have a great Opel and are willing to share with the public in a showcase setting, please consider. I will need to know something pretty soon as the AutoFair planning at the Speedway is well underway. This is a great opportunity for our Opel's to be put on display to the public!
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Mike's Opel Shop Site Supporter opellane's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Am thinking about showing my Silver/Blue GT at the show. I would need a week off from work in October.
    Then would consider getting a trailer, borrrow or rent. as I would not have transportation if my GT locked behind Glass doors.
    and then use my truck for transportation. 4 days without a car would be boring, whats are the plans for Opelers staying on Wed. Thurs. Fri. Big Show Sat.? show ends Sunday?

How much of a cut % do I get from the the tracks advertising profits, spam... etc lol free rooms
    MIKE
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1972 Opel GT, 1969 Opel GT, 1973 MGB,

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    Am thinking about showing my Silver/Blue GT at the show. I would need a week off from work in October.
    Then would consider getting a trailer, borrrow or rent. as I would not have transportation if my GT locked behind Glass doors.
    and then use my truck for transportation. 4 days without a car would be boring, whats are the plans for Opelers staying on Wed. Thurs. Fri. Big Show Sat.? show ends Sunday?

How much of a cut % do I get from the the tracks advertising profits, spam... etc lol free rooms
    I'll PM you and we can talk in more detail. But, there is plenty to do around here. Other Opelers will be around, like Gary! I've got an extra car (not an Opel) you can use if needed. We will probably have dinner at my house a couple of evenings. You won't be bored, that's for sure! Most of the Opel people will probably be showing up on Friday with some on Thursday evening.

The show actually ends on Saturday night. The AutoFair is trying a new format and eliminating the Sunday show since most of the vendors and half the cars are gone. So the show cars would need to stay until Saturday evening when the show ends. You can keep the car there until Sunday but will need to be out by noon.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gasp, I only have 3 months to get the Olympia ready....

Your Noble Friend ;-) G.v.Mainberg's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When signing up with the AutoFair organizer (on the sheet provided from Roy), make sure to reject (strike out) paragraph 5 of their rules. It is a ridiculous paragraph that would allow them to send you an invoice about any sum of their choice if you are unable to bring your car.

Dieter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by G.v.Mainberg View Post
    When signing up with the AutoFair organizer (on the sheet provided from Roy), make sure to reject (strike out) paragraph 5 of their rules. It is a ridiculous paragraph that would allow them to send you an invoice about any sum of their choice if you are unable to bring your car.

Dieter
    If you say you are bringing your car and you bring it, no problem. I’m sure if there are extenuating circumstances keeping you from bringing your car at the last minute, I’m sure the AutoFair will understand.
    From their point of view, the Showcase Pavilion is a big draw for the paying public! I personally know some of the AutoFair people and they are very understanding and reasonable people. Not showing up after committing to them, just for the hell of it, I can see their point of view. If you get sick, car breaks down, things out of your control, they won’t hold you to that. Besides, I’ll have a few on a waiting list.
    Last edited by Ooooner; 1 Week Ago at 09:35 PM.
    soybean likes this.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information