Need top Opels for Showcase Pavilion at 2019 Nationals this Fall!
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Need top Opels for Showcase Pavilion at 2019 Nationals this Fall!

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need top Opels for Showcase Pavilion at 2019 Nationals this Fall!

Just spoke with the events manager at the Charlotte Motor Speedway concerning our upcoming Opel Nationals. They are definitely wanting 8 to 9 of our best Opels to be on display in the indoor Showcase Pavilion at the Fall AutoFair in October.

He said that there will be lighting on each car along with signage for each car that will give the owners names and facts about their car. Really first class.

Would like to see Manta’s, GT’s, Kadet’s, older nice Opels, newer nice Opels, etc. Like I said before, this will be a first class indoor display that not only the owners of the cars will be proud of, but the Opel community as a whole to be proud of.

All other Opels attending the Opel Nationals will be located along the outside of the Showcase Pavilion. Great place to get maximum exposer!

If you are interested in having your car in the Showcase Pavilion, let me know ASAP.
    Last edited by Ooooner; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:29 PM.
    soybean, hrcollinsjr and m610 like this.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooooner View Post
    Just spoke with the events manager at the Charlotte Motor Speedway concerning our upcoming Opel Nationals. They are definitely wanting 8 to 9 of our best Opels to be on display in the indoor Showcase Pavilion at the Fall AutoFair in October.

He said that there will be lighting on each car along with signage for each car that will give the owners names and facts about their car. Really first class.

Would like to see Manta’s, GT’s, Kadet’s, older nice Opels, newer nice Opels, etc. Like I said before, this will be a first class indoor display that not only the owners of the cars will be proud of, but the Opel community as a whole to be proud of.

All other Opels attending the Opel Nationals will be located along the outside of the Showcase Pavilion. Great place to get maximum exposer!

If you are interested in having your car in the Showcase Pavilion, let me know ASAP.
    Your's is one, have you heard from the Gages yet? Helmet has his Manta and Gt, shame Mike Preebles isn't here. He had a sweat Manta, Gene and his wagon maybe, anyone else from the Ga area? Dieter? What about Gordo ? Mine's definitely an outdoor car. Jarrell
    Ooooner likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the schedule for the display time requirement?
    Jeff

'73 GT,5spd,Recaro,EDIS4 2.2 EFI MegaSqrt, Ali Flywhl w/S10 Clutch, Elec Fan, Roller Rockers, Venolia Pistons, 6 Cyl Intake w/ Custom Injection, 15" Wheels,F&R Sway Bars,2" Exhaust,1" Sport Spring,Koni Reds,Wilwood Brks,3:90 Gears & Gripper LSD,Rear Disks,Ali Radiator,Hse of Colors - Kandy Pagan Gold.
    123 WHP @ 6800 RPM

www.markandson.net

www.gpny.com

'64 VW Ghia '09 S35i BMW Z4
    '15 BMW M4 '11 BMW 335ix '04 Ford F150 SVT Lightning

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldGT View Post
    Jeff,

I can say with confidence that you won’t need to be there on Sunday, October 20th. I don’t know yet about the other days but I’ll know in the next day or so. The AutoFair runs from Thursday through Saturday this Fall, October 17th, 18th and 19th so I’m assuming all three days.

I’ll let you and everyone else know, ASAP. Thanks for asking. I know the AutoFair and Speedway people would love to have your GT displayed!
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3 months ago I was feeling cocky and confident that I could drive anywhere, but then I had my issues. It's almost fixed, I'm taking it to my tuner dude in 2 weeks for final adjustment, but it will be a while before I'll trust driving it 550 miles to Charlotte. I could show up with my Faux-pel(Solstice), but I'm sure my fellow Opelers would prefer I park it next to the dumpsters and port-a-potties.

Real Name
    Mel
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jeff,

I can say with confidence that you won’t need to be there on Sunday, October 20th.
    Is October 20 a Sunday in 2029???
    Gary likes this.

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Opelmel View Post
    Is October 20 a Sunday in 2029???
    I guess there is a Sunday October 20th in 2029.... wouldn’t have to worry about that day!

Hee Hee Hee... just saw what you were referring to! My fingers are too big for my key pad!

Fixed!
    Last edited by Ooooner; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:31 PM.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really wish this wasn't 600+ miles away...
    49 years and counting. GT back on the Road 10/21/2014!

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From the Speedway officials:

Load in has to be the LATEST Wednesday at noon. I am opening up load in from Sunday through the Wednesday morning time frame.
    Load out can only take place after show close Saturday evening. They can load out Sunday morning but display must be clear by noon..

We have secure trailer parking for the weekend.
    Last edited by Ooooner; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:00 PM.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

Your Noble Friend ;-) G.v.Mainberg's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Calibra would be available for the weekend if you wanted it, but I rather have a hole in the head before I drive it there on Wednesday to leave it sitting there for half a week. What are they thinking???

Dieter

3000 Post Club norbertone.gt371's Avatar
    Real Name
    Norbert
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by G.v.Mainberg View Post
    What are they thinking???

Dieter
    Opelers are all rich and retired
    Ooooner likes this.

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by G.v.Mainberg View Post
    My Calibra would be available for the weekend if you wanted it, but I rather have a hole in the head before I drive it there on Wednesday to leave it sitting there for half a week. What are they thinking???

Dieter
    I know what the thought process is: When the paying public comes in, they want everything to be on display and ready to go. One off the big "draws" for the AutoFair is the Showcase Pavilion. I have seen billboards go up with the Showcase Pavilion one of the main attractions. I've actually seen cars that will be in the display on the billboard itself.

Once I have determined who's cars will be on display, I have to sign an agreement that those cars will be there with the Charlotte Motor Speedway. That's because they will be advertising our cars! Really, when you think about it, it's really a great promotion for our Opel marquise. I know it can be a pain in the ole' ass, but not only will the Opel's be well represented but the owner's name and their car information will be on a plaque in front of the car which is something you will get to keep. Believe me, it's really first class and something you can use at other shows if you want to.

Also, the Speedway needs the time on Wednesday to set up the displays with lighting, ropes, signage, etc.

I'm sure there will be some "perks" to being placed in the pavilion.

I'm also giving thought to those of you who are on the fence about bringing a car for the pavilion, since you would need to be here an extra day, I'm looking into trying to "comp" a hotel room for an extra night. Not sure I can pull that off but I'm looking into it.

Would be great to have your car here, Mr. Dieter!
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I really wish this wasn't 600+ miles away...
    I went there once and drove to Charlie's house in Virginia, which was the halfway point, then two of us followed him there. After 20 miles he got bored of going the speed limit and roared off into the distance, never to be seen again. I didn't have GPS, a cell, or maps. I don't know how the heck I got there.

I was toying with the idea of driving my GT halfway, 300 miles, and grabbing a hotel someplace nice with decent dining and maybe something to see and then doing the rest of the drive the next day. The GREAT thing is that it's in October, which should have more tolerable temps for me and my car.
    Ooooner and soybean like this.

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From the Speedway officials:

Load in has to be the LATEST Wednesday at noon. I am opening up load in from Sunday through the Wednesday morning time frame.
    Load out can only take place after show close Saturday evening. They can load out Sunday morning but display must be clear by noon..

We have secure trailer parking for the weekend.
    So once the car is parked, I have no transportation.......
    soybean likes this.
    Jeff

'73 GT,5spd,Recaro,EDIS4 2.2 EFI MegaSqrt, Ali Flywhl w/S10 Clutch, Elec Fan, Roller Rockers, Venolia Pistons, 6 Cyl Intake w/ Custom Injection, 15" Wheels,F&R Sway Bars,2" Exhaust,1" Sport Spring,Koni Reds,Wilwood Brks,3:90 Gears & Gripper LSD,Rear Disks,Ali Radiator,Hse of Colors - Kandy Pagan Gold.
    123 WHP @ 6800 RPM

www.markandson.net

www.gpny.com

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So once the car is parked, I have no transportation.......
    I guess so unless you can hitch rides with other Opelers. I would be happy to be your taxi! 😁
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

Your Noble Friend ;-) G.v.Mainberg's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would be great to have your car here, Mr. Dieter!
    Jaja, whatever. Since you are asking so nicely, I'll bring the car on my rollback on Wednesday morning and just go back home. Will slap an Opel sticker over the Ford logo and park the truck right there in the infield over the weekend ...

Dieter

Real Name
    Karl Senula
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    I went there once and drove to Charlie's house in Virginia, which was the halfway point, then two of us followed him there. After 20 miles he got bored of going the speed limit and roared off into the distance, never to be seen again. I didn't have GPS, a cell, or maps. I don't know how the heck I got there.

I was toying with the idea of driving my GT halfway, 300 miles, and grabbing a hotel someplace nice with decent dining and maybe something to see and then doing the rest of the drive the next day. The GREAT thing is that it's in October, which should have more tolerable temps for me and my car.
    Never leave your wing man......

Karl

3000 Post Club Site Supporter P.J. Romano's Avatar
    Real Name
    P.J.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    During event like this, most of us like to mingle together, check each other cars and bench race. On the other hand, it would be a shame not to utilize unique opportunity to have more exposure of Opels. May be Keith could tow one of beauties restored at his shop to be exhibited.
    soybean likes this.
    Old racers never die. They just go bench racing.

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess so unless you can hitch rides with other Opelers. I would be happy to be your taxi! 😁
    I would love to exhibit my car but I am not crazy about no transportation once the car is parked, it's just too many days. I am still up in the air about attending in general (heavily leaning toward going) but one way or the other I will not be exhibiting the car other than on the show field.
    Ooooner likes this.
    Jeff

123 WHP @ 6800 RPM

www.markandson.net

www.gpny.com

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooooooner had PM'd me about bringing my Opel bicycle for the display. That's actually a pretty good idea, but I would have to take it in my Ford Escape. Woo-hoo, maybe they'll let me take it out on the track!

Ooooner and soybean like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information