Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Opel Manta Luxus
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I’m in the vast minority, but I want to get the system in my Manta working again. The buzzers were removed (anyone have any?) and the seat sensor will trip the light on every bump. Looking under the driver’s seat there’s a wire that’s disconnected. Anyone know where they go or can reply with a picture of theirs?
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Bumper
The passenger seat has both:
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Automotive lighting Wheel Bumper
Also, Ford had a reset/override button on the inner fender under the hood when the system would get glitchy or the car wouldn’t start with the belts buckled. Do Opels have one too?

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
Those are the seatbelt sensors. The weight of someone sitting in the seat pulled the "switch" apart making the buzzer stay off. Most have disabled this system as it was annoying

·
Registered
1974 Opel Manta Luxus
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are the seatbelt sensors. The weight of someone sitting in the seat pulled the "switch" apart making the buzzer stay off. Most have disabled this system as it was annoying
Right, I remember from my ‘74 Mustang. Does anyone have the missing wire from the driver’s side seat? Trying to figure out where it connects by looking at the passenger side. Thanks.

·
Opel Key Master
5,289 Posts
1974 is a special year, as they introduced that seat interlock system and it had a small computer module(or controller) that wouldn’t allow the car to start. These messed up all the time and people usually bypassed the module. Some of these buzzers I might have NOS, I know I have the chain switch for the seat, at least one

·
Registered
1974 Opel Manta Luxus
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I figured out why the buzzer was unplugged, it never shuts off! I replaced the seat switch and was thinking the chain moved and it’s not tightening enough when the seat is empty, but pulling the chain tight didn’t shut off the buzzer either. Anyone know how to diagnose where the fault is if it isn’t the switch under the seat? Does the retractor have a sensor in it to shut off the buzzer or is it the buckle assembly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts