Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Opeler
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the factory set up specs for the idle stop screws for the 1.1 on a GT are? Tom Atkins has been having some running issues with Ms. Opel, I think a lot of it was due to a bad thermostat keeping his engine temps way to high.

I have never messed the carbs on a 1.1 before but I want to double check to make sure the "base" adjustments are correct for the throttle stops before adjusting the idle air on both. Looking at it, it seems there is a throttle stop on each carb and adjustment in the middle of the linkage connecting the two.

Are they both supposed to open in Sync or is the secondary supposed to open after the primary?

I figured I would double check to make sure everything is within adjustment before determining they need to be taken off and cleaned.

Thanks guys,

David

· Opeler
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no, primary, and secondary, they both work together. So set them both equally, as far as throttle blade response.
Okay, Ill set them up to open in sync. Anyone else have any tips?

Charles, I know you do :lmao:

Maybe even a wrench graph?

· Opeler
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4,243 Posts
When I remember my 1.1 Rallye Kadett the most problems with adjustment was
bad bearings and coupling balls at the linkage from both carbs.
Without exact bearings and coupling balls at the linkage the carbs will have both his own life and they will not run synchronic!

Hope you get it!
Norbert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.