Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some info pertaining to Opel 1.1 engines....does anyone offhand know the width, height, and length of a complete 1.1 engine and 4-speed tranny? Overall weight would be nice to know as well. Thanks.

Bob

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
Transmission length with GT tailshaft = 22.25" (17" w/o tailshaft)
Transmission width at bellhousing = 12.75"
Transmission weight = 45lbs. (by my bathroom scale)

I'm working on engine specs now...

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
Block is approximately 8" wide x 20" tall (from oil pan to valve cover...did not include additonal intake manifold height, exhaust header width, or ancilliary components). Sorry, I have no way to weigh this sucker. The previous transmission weight did not include the flywheel and clutch, btw. HTH

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
all i have left of my 1.1 is the block, jim has the rest of it. i do remember my bathroom scale said the head was 42 pounds, no manifolds, but complete head. bathroom scale says the shortblock, with oil and some coolant minus all engine accessories is 125.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Thought You would know!

greensmurf20 said:
all i have left of my 1.1 is the block, jim has the rest of it. i do remember my bathroom scale said the head was 42 pounds, no manifolds, but complete head. bathroom scale says the shortblock, with oil and some coolant minus all engine accessories is 125.
One way to get a 1.1 motor to Kiwiland - break it down into "bite sized" bits that can be sent by Surface (Economy!) Parcel Post.......
Been doing a fine job, Jared, and the bits are starting to appear this end.
Sounds like the short block may need more disassembly to get the weight down. It will be great if I can get the whole thing here!
Baz just found a DHL subsidiary that picks up from one door and delivers to anywhere in the world up to 50kg (110 lbs!) Don't know if they do US >> Kiwi deliveries but will check it out.......

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
Bob, I hope you're fishing for this info because you're planning to build an Opel 1.1L turbo snowmobile... or chopper... or something! :D

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PROPEL said:
Bob, I hope you're fishing for this info because you're planning to build an Opel 1.1L turbo snowmobile... or chopper... or something! :D
Ya caught me out! I was doodling some sketches and the idea of a custom motorcycle with a 1.1 driveline just popped into my head. Trying to see if it's a practical thing to do dimensionally, I don't want an undriveable trailer queen. Gotta be naturally aspirated, but multiple TB's with EFI would be cool.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts