Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeler
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size "serated bit(12 point) is used to remove the head bolts on a 1.1 litre engine(1969)?Thanks!

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Different

The Opel tool part number is different to the one used for the 1.9 motor
The 1.1 uses # J-21736 and the 1.9 uses # J-22915 which is a 12mm serrated bit. So I am guessing that the 1.1 uses a 10mm bit. Have to take the rocker cover off my 1.1SR motor to be sure - but it has only done 38,000 miles and is still done up tight from the factory...... I will check when the spare head arrives in the post - soon!

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Confirming the Size

I can now confirm that the 1.1L head bolts need a 10mm "12-point" internal socket to remove them. Thanks to GS20 for including the head bolts with the Opel "Comfort Pack" containing the spare cylinder head and exhaust manifold shipped to Kiwiland - what dainty wee things the 1.1L head bolts are compared to the 1.9L ones!

·
Opeler
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks & Serrated Bit Part #'s(Napa)

Thanks for the info.I purchased the 10mm bit 2 days ago and already had the 8mm bit.The part #,s from (Napa) are as follows: 8mm = #SER2304,10mm =SER2305,and 12mm = #SER2306.Yes the head and the bolts are quite small but well manufactured.Good luck with your parts and have a great day.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
well if my old computer was so dumb i pry coulda caught this thred earlier and coulda said for sure they were 10MM. reminds me i gotta start getting more stuff boxed up for ya jim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts