Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Tiny!

Everything on the 1.1L motor is tiny compared to the 1.9 motor - including the starter. The 1.1L GT motor is exactly the same as the 1.1L Kadett motor so you should be able to find a starter for one of them. Keep your eyes open on eBay and even inquire at your local automotive chain stores as they may have rebuilt ones still listed. It is amazing what places like AutoZone still have listed - but wheather they can still supply is another matter.
There are several "Kadett" people on this site lots closer than me who may be able to help you also. I had a spare starter sent to me right across half of the US of A and the Pacific Ocean!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
yes jim, that starter come from this fellows state that he now lives in too!!!

where at in Michigan are you 69'GT?

·
Opel Adventure # 77 NC
648 Posts
1.1 starter

I just got a starter for a 1.1 to have as a spare. I got it from OReilly's for $14.99 :D , at that price I could afford to have a spare. Look on their website for part #, or I can look up
Kevin

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Ortonville . . .

[QUOTE='69 GT]A small Town called Ortonville, about a half hour south of flint, and hour north of Detroit.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Very familiar with Ortonville, of course very different now . . . went to High School in Lake Orion, just north of Pontiac myself . . . uh, many years ago (Class of '60), I might add. :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes Ortonville has definetly changed a lot tekenaar, a little to much actually. its is no longer country so to speak.

And thank a lot ' Kevinfier ' about letting me know about OReilly's Auto. I just contacted them, and the nearest store to me is in IL, which is about 400 miles away. but it will be here soon and the Opel will hopefully be up and running for the first time with me and for the first time in about 4 years.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
RE: 1.1 swap

[QUOTE='69 GT]yeah, i decided to keep it for now, we'll see next spring if i want to swap motors or not[/QUOTE]
You DO? know that you have to swap ALL the running gear, right? . . . Engine, radiator, transmission, drive shaft, rear end, front brakes, just to name a few. :(

Also, there are FAR FEWER 1.1 Opels of any model, so a very valid argument can be made for keeping it "stock" . . . MUCH rarer car, especially so for GT. JM2CW

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes tekenaar i am aware of all of the things i have to change, i have a 1.9 with complete drivetrain, but the body is so rusted/dented its not even close to fixable. I know it is a very rare car, but if i plan on keeping it, i want to have a little more power than my riding lawnmower has. I wanted to keep this one original and build up the 1.9 but this is now imposible due to the body. thanks for your input.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
Well if you need a good body, I'll trade you a GT with a good body for the complete 1.1L GT. I'm not too far away from you either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts