Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,683 Posts
Ya, Gil said he never had anyone ask for one.
I asked for one a few days ago. He couldn’t find one.
Mine is bad too.

I haven’t been able to find one here or in Germany. I’ll probably end up using an adaptor once I confirm the thread size.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I’ve spent hrs on the internet looking. Anything that looks close is ether out of stock or they want $80 for it. I believe the threads are 10mm, but I haven’t figured out the pitch yet. I have an adapter to use one with 1/8” pipe thread but still can’t find one in the right ohm range. I may have to do something like I did on the V6 and solder a resister at the gauge.

·
Can Opeler
3,683 Posts
Ya I’ve spent hrs on the internet looking. Anything that looks close is ether out of stock or they want $80 for it. I believe the threads are 10mm, but I haven’t figured out the pitch yet. I have an adapter to use one with 1/8” pipe thread but still can’t find one in the right ohm range. I may have to do something like I did on the V6 and solder a resister at the gauge.
Do you know the ohm range? I wonder if the 1.9L one is the same with an adapter.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not for sure, someone posted a range of 400 to 30 ohms from 90 digress to redline. I would think the gauges would be the same as the 1.9. I think there were two different thread sizes according to the year of the GT.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Dumb question but, do you have a picture? is it the one at the thermostat? and look like this?

Standard Motor Products Water Temperature Sender 6523-05064963
Click to Enlarge

(Read Reviews)
Standard Motor Products Water Temperature Sender
Part Number: 6523-05064963
Brand: Standard Motor Products
Notes: Engine Coolant Temperature Sender -- With Gauge
Condition: New
Shipping Options: Ground

·
boomerang opeler
5,648 Posts

same engine as the Opel 1.1

if a screw thread top then

may be a case of changing the wire connector if no spade connector ones available

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Not for sure, someone posted a range of 400 to 30 ohms from 90 digress to redline. I would think the gauges would be the same as the 1.9. I think there were two different thread sizes according to the year of the GT.
Yes I believe a 70-73 13 mm and 68-69 17 mm
I'm really surprised to hear Gil never had anyone ask?
The 73 FSM is of no help either as it relates to ohm value other using an 40 ohm resister /wire But does talk about the sending unit and checks/tests here (1 l-65 ) & (1 l-69 )

·
Can Opeler
3,683 Posts
A Delco SU-22 or Intermotor 5279 looks like they will fit.

Also looks like a 68-69 GT one will fit.

I ordered a 52790 from the UK. It should work with a ring connector.
I also ordered a 90510850 from the USA, from the part Terry listed. I don’t trust that one though. It lists cars that I know don’t use the right sensor along with ones that do.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I don't know why anybody doesn't ask me. Since I have them...but if you insist. There are two, one is a white insulator and one is a black. The 68-69 Kadett used the same size in the 1.9 thermostat housing
Is that the same housing as the 1.1?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I don't know why anybody doesn't ask me. Since I have them...but if you insist. There are two, one is a white insulator and one is a black. The 68-69 Kadett used the same size in the 1.9 thermostat housing
I have a couple friends that need one for there 1.1's
Can you help them? :whistle:
mums the word LOL

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gesture Wood Rectangle Eyewear Tints and shades
Looking through my junk pile and look what I found in the bottom of a box! This is a 1/8” threaded sensor that was in a 1.9 thermostat housing. I had a metric adapter to make it work. Works fine with the gauge, room temperature ohm reading is 635 ohms.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts