Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,879 Posts
snerre said:
Someone who know, if i swopp the 2.2 with 1,9/2L topp....Will it give me more power? how much?
Hello Martin,

I think you are asking if you can put a 1.9 or 2.0 cylinder head onto a 2.2 block, is this correct? Yes, it will fit. But the 1.9 and 2.0 cylinder heads do not flow as much air as the 2.2 head (the 2.2 head has larger valves and improved port designs). You will gain a small amount of compression if you use the 1.9 or 2.0 head (they are 52 cc's instead of 54 cc's for the 2.2), but not much power. In fact rally tuners in Europe use the 2.2 head with the 2.0 block to make more power! Hope this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RallyBOb....
Tanks for the answer...

Yes, correct...... I was asking about cylinder head.....
You see, I have two engines. One 1900 orginal engine to the GT. And one 2.2i to a rekord.

Im thinking about using the 2.2 whit a 5speed Gtrag...

Is there something I have to be aware of if I put the 1.9 cylinder head on the 2.2?

Do you know.... If I put a Gtrag in the GT....will the orginal propeller shaft be to long or will it fit?

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
snerre said:
Hi RallyBOb....
Is there something I have to be aware of if I put the 1.9 cylinder head on the 2.2?

Do you know.... If I put a Gtrag in the GT....will the orginal propeller shaft be to long or will it fit?
The fuel injection manifold from the 2,2 will not directly bolt up to the 1.9 head as the intake ports are higher on the 2,2 head.

To fit the Getrag you will need the propeller shaft and yoke from an automatic gearbox for the GT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.