Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the process of having my head looked at / condemned as unrepairable, getting a new one and getting it refurbished, I lost 1 short head bolt. Since I'd rather not buy an entire new set, does anyone know where I might find the one short head bolt I need?

·
Über Genius
8,918 Posts
Half the people who work on their own engines probably has one or ten extra.
I could easily spare one but might be easier to find someone local to you, wherever you live.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, tore my shop up looking for it, and did not want to buy a whole set for 45.00 from GT source when I only needed the one. I live in Live Oak, Florida.

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,583 Posts
I worked with a guy who grew up in Live Oak, and have been through there. Is it still as bucolic as it used to be? I am missing a short head bolt too or I'd help out. I'll keep rooting around for a day or so to see what I can turn up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Yes, Live Oak is still a pleasant view, though it is still next to the middle of nowhere - which is nice. You can get get to anywhere in the world from Live Oak - been here since the 80's. I have about the third Opel I have seen since that time, so unfortunately, there isn't many of us to ask around here.

·
Opel Key Master
5,000 Posts
Well I ship priority mail. Because it’s easy and I can do it from my shop and don’t have to go to the post office. So you pay $9.00 and you can have the bolt for free, I’ll even ship you 2 short and 2 long ones just in case. PM me if interested and I’ll get you my PayPal info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts