Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.9 to 2.4 project started

Well, i am finally going to get to bild my 2.4L per Bob Legere's specs of course. Thank you, Bob. My plans are to bore and stroke it to 2.4L with low comp pistons not the flat tops. I am putting on a well ported head with 2.0L intake and exhaust valves. Combo cam from OGTS with hyd lifters. 2.0L fuel injection using the Megasquirt. Mechanical advance distributer. Parts inside will be cleaned up, polished, shot peened, balanced, and deburred. I decided on the low comp pistons for a posible mod later on down the road. :D I will be posting pics and progress as it goes along. I will also have a running total of parts and engine work as it gets done. Right now the pistons are getting milled, and the rods shot peened, small ends bored out, and big ends reconditioned.

Stay Tuned

Reactions: hudweiser

·
Opeler
90 Posts
would that possible mod be forced induction?!?.......good luck with the project

·
Super Moderator
5,770 Posts
Moderators Note: Moved to "Opel Engine Performance Modifications" Forum

·
Registered
616 Posts
funny, just yesterday i was thinking about what to do with that extra engine i have kicking around once i get a little cash..... good luck, i know i'll be waiting for updates, keep us posted on how its comming!

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well heres a pic of what started it all. not pretty. :(

Attachments

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is some rod work being done. 3 more to go. then its reconditioning the big end and then boring the pin end.

Attachments

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres some head porting pictures from the combustion chamber side.

Attachments

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's looking down the intake prts

Attachments

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got my parts in from OGTS! 2.0L exhaust manifold with pipes, 2.0L EFI system, finished cam bearings, and the 268 hyd cam (combo). thanks to the guys at OGTS for sending the Y pipe for the exhaust instead of just a flange. now is time for clean up. need to look into the MegaSquirt too now.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
opelwasp, Are you doing the porting or is the machine shop doing it? It looks very good so far too. I'll be very interested in your updates as I have a High Comp engine I'd like to rebuild this summer. Keep us posted. Jarrell

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all porting work has been done by myself. it is not as good as id like but i am inexpierenced and too chicken to take it any further. i just hope it wasnt a waste of my time and no gain ia accomplished.

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the pistons back from the machine shop. Cost me about $130 to get them modified. They look great. I went low compression so i could save a little gas money for now, and still be able to supercharge it later.

Attachments

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that is correct, i will be stroking a 1.9 crank and using the stock rods.

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
i was wondering if you ever got this project done or not? and what were the results if u did finally complete the conversion?

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well... it is on hold right now. I am waiting for 550 buck to be feed up so I can get the crank done. Right now all my time and especially money is tied up in the police academy. I graduate in June 06, so as soon as I land a cop job I'll have lots more time and money.

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Can we save the Bob Legere article somewhere on the site? I have been looking for it for a while!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts