Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
The Young One
1,051 Posts
Wait, What? 345000 miles, holy crap
Hondas go forever! I will be getting hopefully this summer my 80 year old neighbor’s 1991 honda prelude si which has 185,000 miles on it. It will be my daily driver. It has never had an engine rebuild but has had everything that was needed fixed was fixed.

I wonder what the highest mileage opel is?

·
Super Moderator
14,552 Posts
I had numerous customers with between 300,000 and 400,000 miles on their Opels back in the early 1990’s.

Ironically all of them drove Sportwagons, probably because they are great daily driver cars.

In the mid 1980’s, Opel themselves ran a pair of Opel Rekord E’s around the world in a promotional event. Each accrued over 1 million miles, I believe running 2.0E CIH engines.

·
Vendor
3,308 Posts
These guys have done pretty well (oh, incase you are metrically challenged like me-777,000 km = 482805 miles :whistle: )

·
Super Moderator
14,552 Posts
I almost forgot, our own ‘OldOpelguy’ Stephen used to drive a Kadett wagon everywhere.

Back in 2003 he drove from upstate New York to Eastern Massachusetts, ran an autocross with me, Gary Farias, Gregg Nosiglia, and Travis Woodbury (all running Opels), then drove home.

Oh yea, his Kadett had 585,000 miles on it at the time.

·
1,777 Posts
Use Jack Stands......Concrete blocks are unsafe and are known to fail. Just a PSA work safe.
Keep working !

Reactions: jmbinjax

·
1,777 Posts
You have never seen a jack blow -out a seal or flip because car shifted to the side?
Just trying to keep Gordo safe and to help others work safe. I would miss his post........
Wood Ladder Tire Building Automotive tire

• Wow
Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
You have never seen a jack blow -out a seal or flip because car shifted to the side?
Just trying to keep Gordo safe and to help others work safe. I would miss his post........ View attachment 444184
I'm completely with you on that front!!
NOW this pic is as equally disturbing LOL

·
Detritus Maximus
3,524 Posts
Obviously Australia or New Zealand....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts