Maybe someone can help me out ,, Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Have you tried calling opelgtsource?

·
1,182 Posts
Be careful buying used timing covers, they are often damaged. It took me three tries to find a good one. 12 bolt versions are especially hard to find. You will probably have your best luck with Opels Unlimited.

·
Senior Contributor
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that a snapped off bolt I see?
Yep, snapped off two water pump bolts.
The aluminium cover condition is awful
I soaked them with BP blaster too. Banged with hammer first.. all the tricks failed.
The Head and block look really good too
Steel pan is fried...

Really want a good 12 bolt front cover...
If anyone wants to part with.
Have tons of 10 bolts covers

Attachments

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,042 Posts
Do yourself a big favor: Buy a new oil pump gearset and oil pump cover. Even if the oil pump portion of the housing is in good shape, the odds are good that the used pump gears and pump cover will not be. Any scoring on the pump gears faces and at the edges of the gear teeth will lower output pressures, sometimes dramatically. The pump gets unfiltered oil so there is good reason that the internal parts get chewed up. The pressure relief valve in the pump cover can also wear, get dirty, and not seal well, and that is another place for pump pressure losses, particularly at idle and lower RPM's.

·
Senior Contributor
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike, give me a call, I have a 75 cover with no fuel pump hole. I also think I have the valve cover with it. If you call me tomorrow while I’m at the shop, I’ll look while I have you on the phone

Check you P/M
I'll try to call tomorrow..afternoon :yup:

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
If you don’t find a good timing cover I should have some. I don’t have oil pump gears however. I always toss them.

I have plenty of 1975 valve covers too.

·
Senior Contributor
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are the oil pump gears and bottom oil pump cover different on a 75 Engine??

Are the pump covers and Gears different on a 75 than other years?

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Are the oil pump gears and bottom oil pump cover different on a 75 Engine??

Are the pump covers and Gears different on a 75 than other years?
AFAIK, no. The early (pre-'71) engines had the flat pump cover without the relief, as those used the side relief in the chain case.

·
Opel Key Master
4,834 Posts
68-70 Have a flat cover with no relief valve in the oil pump cover, it used the relief valve in the side of the timing cover. Later gears are different as far as the drive shaft of the main gear, it is longer and protrudes out of the bottom of the gear. The later cover with the pressure relief valve has a plunge cut for this shaft to ride into and clear. Early gears with a late cover can allow for low oil pressure because there will be a void in the cover not filled by the shaft. Also the timing cover relief valve has a stiffer spring against the ball to basically eliminate it. If you do not change the springs, your pressure will show low

Mike if you didn't get my text pictures, the oil pump looks awesome in this cover I have

1 - 13 of 13 Posts