Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past 10 years ive owned 4 RX7s and loved the power.
recently i aquired a 1970 gt body is in nice shape,but the motor is bad. I still have a good running 12a in a 79 rx7 and am willing to give the gt the rotory heart. ive read a little about the swap that you guys have written. Im still not shore about the tranny or the rear end. If you can offer any help it woul
d be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
from what I've heard on teh boards before, the stock RX-7 transmission should work, and the stock Opel rear end should be ok up to about 150hp (which is well above what the 12A puts out, anyway).

I'm sure someone with some actual experience will speak up, though.

Either way, good luck with it. I want to put a 13B NA in my GT at some point...but that's kinda a way away. I need to sort out my suspension and brakes first.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,114 Posts
Kevin-
Are you familiar with www.mazdatrix.com or Mid America RX7 Forum? If you are thinking of doing the swap, Mazdatrix has plenty of parts and knowledge. The Forum has a separate area for putting rotaries into 'other' cars.
Were you thinking of going with the stock Mazda carb or an aftermarket carb and intake? With the right parts the 12a can put out over 150 hp.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts