Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
For what it's worth to any of us in Fl. there is a pretty descent size car show at the Oviedo Mall today 10 A.M - 4 P.M.
My son and I are going to check it out.
This will be our 2nd car show ever
Food ,beer, cars ect.
I'm hoping to see an opel or 2 we shall see :yup:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Terry, always good to talk to people who remember the Opel GT's. That is just about the only reason I go to car shows any more. I have entered probably 12 car shows and never gotten anything, but I always get two or three people that know what a GT is. I more than makes up for not winning anything. Have a good time and let us know how it went. If you get an award, so much the better.

Bob

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We didn't enter the gt in this one I haven't tagged it yet.
We just went to look and have a couple friends with old corvettes, nova's ect that are there
HOWEVER we did wear our opel gt shirts to represent our community
Interesting enough plenty of folks there with there cars first question was do you have an opel?
Why yes I do a 73 gt
There reply, is it here? I'd love to see it. especially the mg guys
So next year I'll have to put it in there as we didn't see any
Not concerned about awards just found it fascinating the amount of people and interest in the gt just from wearing our shirts:haha:
Thank you Mike

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH I forgot to mention there was a guy there that said he owned one many years ago and told a story about the steering wheel coming off:lmao:
First thing I thought of was the same story I heard here
Obviously he made it through or I wouldn't have had the pleasure of hearing his story:yup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I'd share as these were the only cars there that interested me enough to take a pic of. A lot of the others were typical car show cars custom paint, bags, chrome, hydraulics,
20200125_133219_resized.jpg
20200125_135518_resized.jpg
20200125_140510_resized.jpg
muscle cars etc.
The red one is Baffling me as I have no idea what it was but was really cool looking with a corvette motor I think L 3 maybe and super clean no badges thought I saw 2017 in the card in the window
The green machine had a 12 valve Cummings turbo diesel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts