Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Opeler
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I want to fit a 16V cylinderhead on my 2.4L like (Gil Wesson).
I want to know if I have to change the bonnet or to modify the engine bay.
Who knows?

The second step should be a fuel injection throttle body, do you know a kit easy to install and to tune ? What is the price??

many thanks

Marc

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Marc - "the Wallet Killer"

First - get your DOHC cylinder head .........

Here is a picture of one on a CIH block.

Attachments

·
Opeler
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim,
It's exactely what I need!
Do you know someone who did it? What is the price?
Gil Wesson uses a full race engine, but I want to keep my short engine bloc from standard Opel Omega.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
marc556 said:
Thanks Jim,
It's exactely what I need!
Do you know someone who did it? What is the price?
Gil Wesson uses a full race engine, but I want to keep my short engine bloc from standard Opel Omega.
Gil Wesson has a Phase 1 Manta 400 (Cosworth head) engine. About 220 ps. The cost to find a complete used engine in Europe, about 7500-10,000 euros. A new engine from Risse is maybe 15,000 to 20,000 euros depending on specifications.

More recently some people have taken the 6 cylinder 3.0 24V cylinder head and modified it to fit the 4-cylinder CIH block. It costs about 7000 euros to pay a shop to do this, maybe half that much if you can do it yourself (weld and machine parts). There will be special camshafts to be ordered as well.

If you use your 2.4 Omega engine, you will need new pistons anyway, you will now have 4 valves per cylinder, not 2, so there must be extra valve reliefs.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts