Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having trouble finding the part numbers for the light bulbs I’m looking for for my early 67 Kadett. The service manual only gives the Buick-Opel part numbers which can’t be cross referenced with anything I’ve found. My bulbs are all too corroded to read off of, and no online parts sources realize there is a difference between later Kadett B bulbs and the 65-early 67 bulbs.

I do know they are this style of bulb for most sockets on the car.

Stop lights, and all four blinkers appear to be the same.
Taillights are a little smaller
I haven’t looked at my front parking lights yet.

If anyone has these part numbers written down it would be very helpful for me and probably some other early Kadett B owner down the road!

For reference here’s what the early housings look like. The reverse lamps are the same as a GT it appears.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,453 Posts
Just search for "Festoon" bulbs, the size is the total length of the bulb in Millimeter. Sizes known to me are 31 mm, 36 mm, 39 mm, 41 (42) mm with a tolerance of about +/- 1 mm.
I have never seen them in more than 10 Watt which is not enough for a turn signal or stop light. You want ~ 20 Watt for these applications.

Dieter

Reactions: okieopel

·
Can Opeler
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just search for "Festoon" bulbs, the size is the total length of the bulb in Millimeter. Sizes known to me are 31 mm, 36 mm, 39 mm, 41 (42) mm with a tolerance of about +/- 1 mm.
I have never seen them in more than 10 Watt which is not enough for a turn signal or stop light. You want ~ 20 Watt for these applications.

Dieter
Thanks. I’ll measure the ones I have and make an order based on the wattage in the service manual. I’ll post the part numbers if they work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts