Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
813 Posts
So the ad said three speed manual - I cannot imagine a three speed transmission in a GT as with a 4 speed I am always reaching for 5 gear and that's after 49 years.....................

·
Opeler
1,318 Posts
I watched a bit of the broadcast last night, and the red GT came up. They did a nice little feature on it, as one of the announcers had one and they covered his story with he & his wife. It was nice to see it featured and a cool story. They had the “driver” rotate the lights over a few times and takes about the linkage being a weak point of the car.

·
Vendor
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another good day for Opels at B-J. The green GT brought almost $21K. Impressive numbers for both cars. I've seen a lot of very nice GTs go for less than half of what these brought. I wonder if this is a sustainable shift in the Opel market, or just a lot of buyers with stacks of cash at this particular auction?

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Vendor
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does appear that originality in both of these cases was a big factor in the high selling prices. I noticed this sticker on the air filter housing on the green one. I don't ever recall seeing this on other "survivor" GTs. I wonder if it was a factory thing, or something added by the dealership or owner?

Automotive tire Cuisine Rim Dish Gas

·
Opeler
773 Posts
It does appear that originality in both of these cases was a big factor in the high selling prices. I noticed this sticker on the air filter housing on the green one. I don't ever recall seeing this on other "survivor" GTs. I wonder if it was a factory thing, or something added by the dealership or owner?

View attachment 437909
It looks like one of the oil change or tune up service stickers that were used back in the day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts