Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I own a 1969 Opel L wagon I'm in search of a windshield for it the one it currently has, currently has a big crack on it, I am located in Salem OR, Let me know Asap if there is anyone selling one, or if there any vendors selling window screens for this, maybe other Opels share the same windshield does the regular 69' Kadett fit the wagon version of it?

·
Opeler
611 Posts
I have a 1969 Kadett, too. The LS coupe. I believe they have the same windshield. I have been looking for a few years. I found some on a website, and the closest one to me is in WI, it would be a 2 day trip to get it. I was planning on this spring, but I did not foresee the COVID-19 pandemic.
try www.car-part.com
There is a menu to get to Opel windshield. See if this link works: Search Results
It looks like there is one in Klamath falls, and one in Shelton, WA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks, man! I messaged one they are both about 3-4 hours away from me, Do you know if it will fit for sure cause, I would hate to drive down there, buy it then realize it doesn't fit :/

·
Opeler
611 Posts
I would ask Keith Lundholm, aka OpelSpyder. He would know for sure. But as far as I know, the wagon and coupes are the same from the doors forward.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,151 Posts
All Kadett B and Olympia A models from 1966 until 1973 have the same windshield. There are differences in whether they have a tint in the upper area or not, but that doesn't affect fitment. Get new rubber from Opel GT Source as well.

Dieter

·
Über Genius
9,084 Posts
I know of a '68 in Washington. It had a windshield last time I was there but that was a couple years ago. I know he still had it and was willing to part it as recently as last February.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhh I knew I recognized the name, I gotcha I'm looking for something Abit closer thanks for the offer, if nothing works out I'll let you know 👍

·
Über Genius
9,084 Posts
Ahhh I knew I recognized the name, I gotcha I'm looking for something Abit closer thanks for the offer, if nothing works out I'll let you know 👍
Helps if we know where YOU are.

·
Über Genius
9,084 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts