Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a 1970 1.9 motor for my GT, had one from age 16-21 and at 49 return to the Opel world. Want to add fuel Injection and looking for guidance. FYI I’m a body and paint industry tech person so can help anybody on those topics.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I used the Webcon throttle body with FAST Sportsman system, the FAST EZefi would be much easier to fire up and run for a daily driver, or street driven car. A few tweaks to the injector harness, connectors, add a return line and good to go. Not the cheapest on the market, but possibly the most reliable. I have been running a FAST Ezefi v1 on my truck with a Caddy 500 in it for 10-12 years and have only swapped one pump. No issues at all. The system in the Opel is running great and will allow me to do "stupid" things with boost when I am "finished" with suspension and drive train redesign.

Webcon does need the gasket seal broken to make IAC function with controller, the passage is blocked for controls that don't use IAC, or if the end user just doesn't want to run it and would rather use blade setting for idle speed control. I used one of the vent lines as a return line connection on the stock tank, not the best option but it worked and didn't cause problems for my use of it which is limited to very short runs in a parking lot around cones.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,345 Posts
The Holley Sniper FI carb-lookalike seems to be the simplest way to go FI and a number of guys have been doing that lately. They sell three 2-barrel types that are basically all the same, just with different air cleaner and mounting flanges. Most have been choosing the Holley mounting type, but it has a very large air cleaner area and flange. I think their one made for Jeeps and another one might be a better choice, it's just a matter of welding on the appropriate mounting flange to replace the Weber one on the intake manifold. Flanges can be found on Ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts