Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know someone wanting to sell a good project GT. The car is currently yellow but the sale comes with all new red interior parts, except for new red door panels which can be bought from OGTS. Would be a perfect car to have repainted silver and then finish it. The body from what I can tell is good, no rust and is from SoCal. Silver and red GT's are jaw dropping gorgeous when they are finished. The below photo is from the 50th Anniversary pictures back in 2018 and give plenty of encouragement to pursue this car if you are interested. I'm also attaching some photos of the car for sale. The owner's name is Chris Lofstrand. Let me know if you want more info and I can put you in touch with him.

The car is a 1970, body needs a little work but no rust. Needs to be repainted, I or other forum members can provide info for the silver paint. The engine is still a 1.9L, it does start. Chris has another yellow GT that he is working on and it sounds like one of them needed to be sold. Price is $12k and is negotiable, anyone seriously interested is welcome to contact Chris, I have his contact info. I wouldn't share this info if I didn't feel like this was a good deal for both buyer and seller. This GT is in Jacksonville, FL. On the mechanical side, the suspension is new I believe. It has new tires and brakes, big brake booster. It has the front sway bar with a rear sway bar kit that needs to be added. This is a good start to a great project. The car below could easily wind up looking like the car posted above with some work, mostly a new paint job. Once finished, this would be a really fun GT to drive and enjoy. If I was searching for a project GT, this would be hard to say no to. The body is the number one concern for any project and by all indications from talking to Chris, this GT's body is perfect for a repaint. If you really want go all-out on it, have it dipped and e-coated prior to paint.

I can get more pictures, but it would be best to remove me as the middle man if you are interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings! I am definitely interested in receiving more information on this vehicle. I don't have pm features unlocked yet but feel free to contact me - Tony

edited by mod to remove a phone number now that I have it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts