Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
When you buy a 6.6 duramax 4x4 gmc and a race trailer just because your that deeply invested in your Opel swap.

Happy new years!

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,981 Posts
Reading and scrolling the thread I was wondering why nobody came up with the idea to swap the original engine with a 2.4 CIH maybe tickle it a bit, but you wouldn't have to do major surgery to the GT.

·
Opeler
470 Posts
Mr Smith believes that it is not that big of a deal to put his motor in a gt. The car that the motor came out of is a full 12'' wider than a gt with a bunch more HP. Everything will have to be changed. You are right...a 2.4 worked over would be the way to go.
I am just watching this thread to see how long he is going to torture himself before he throws in the towel. I wish him the best.

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,981 Posts
.......I am just watching this thread to see how long he is going to torture himself before he throws in the towel. I wish him the best.
(y) If he throws in the towel would you think he will tell us? ;)

·
Detritus Maximus
2,839 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I'm pulling for you Taylor, though I think you could have made the job a whole lot easier with a different motor. I have a Focus ST with the 2.0 Turbo and often thought it would be great in the GT, though I wondered if the unibody could handle the torque. I hope you don't have to hack the GT up too much.

Maybe you should have just bought a Mustang? It would probably be more enjoyable to drive and possibly even cheaper?

·
Opeler
470 Posts
I'm pulling for you Taylor, though I think you could have made the job a whole lot easier with a different motor. I have a Focus ST with the 2.0 Turbo and often thought it would be great in the GT, though I wondered if the unibody could handle the torque. I hope you don't have to hack the GT up too much.

Maybe you should have just bought a Mustang? It would probably be more enjoyable to drive and possibly even cheaper?
Hello,,,I'm very interested in this epic build...Any up dates?

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
649 Posts
I had been waiting for that question to surface again from Sam and now krs1516 - as I too am very interested in this monumental build - can't wait. It is/was such a promising project. And we all like things that go really fast, right. I am still waiting to hear good results and see a final project sometime in the not to distant future even if it is someone else that finishes the project.

·
Opeler
10 Posts
I had been waiting for that question to surface again from Sam and now krs1516 - as I too am very interested in this monumental build - can't wait. It is/was such a promising project. And we all like things that go really fast, right. I am still waiting to hear good results and see a final project sometime in the not to distant future even if it is someone else that finishes the project.
For sure. I am a GT nobody, just a guy that loves the way they looked.
Having never owned one, the project seemed like such an undertaking but was and still am hopeful for good news on it. Maybe one day soon we will all get the update we crave.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts