Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
When you buy a 6.6 duramax 4x4 gmc and a race trailer just because your that deeply invested in your Opel swap.

Happy new years!

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,925 Posts
Reading and scrolling the thread I was wondering why nobody came up with the idea to swap the original engine with a 2.4 CIH maybe tickle it a bit, but you wouldn't have to do major surgery to the GT.

·
Opeler
447 Posts
Mr Smith believes that it is not that big of a deal to put his motor in a gt. The car that the motor came out of is a full 12'' wider than a gt with a bunch more HP. Everything will have to be changed. You are right...a 2.4 worked over would be the way to go.
I am just watching this thread to see how long he is going to torture himself before he throws in the towel. I wish him the best.

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,925 Posts
.......I am just watching this thread to see how long he is going to torture himself before he throws in the towel. I wish him the best.
(y) If he throws in the towel would you think he will tell us? ;)

·
Detritus Maximus
2,566 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'm pulling for you Taylor, though I think you could have made the job a whole lot easier with a different motor. I have a Focus ST with the 2.0 Turbo and often thought it would be great in the GT, though I wondered if the unibody could handle the torque. I hope you don't have to hack the GT up too much.

Maybe you should have just bought a Mustang? It would probably be more enjoyable to drive and possibly even cheaper?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts