Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very rare opportunity to own an OPEL GT in such a preserved condition.

I have for sale 1970 OPEL GT with an original blue exterior paint and white interior.

Here are the historical facts I found out for this vehicle. I know how valuable they are for the collectors.

The car was bought brand new from its first owner in 1970. It was registered in Texas up to 1973. Then the new owner bought it with a loan and when the vehicle was paid off the Title was issued in 1974. It was brought from its second owner to a small town - Sierra Vista, Arizona. The second owner owed it up to now for almost 48 years. Technically I’m the third owner. I can provide to the new owner a printable copy of the Title I bought it with issued in 1974. The vehicle had its last registration in 1982, which means it has not been driven in the last almost 40years.
It has 59 000 original miles and matching numbers.

Today I have clean Arizona Title and new historical registration on my name.

I made a detailed video showing the car’s physical condition and you can see for yourself by following the link below:

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,053 Posts
Nice video. Looks like a very solid car. Classic dry climate survivor. Body surface rust and totally destroyed interior. The floor pans look pristine.
Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Nice save DGBG, And you did very well with the video Which is very helpful.
I have many Q's But I'll keep it short
In your video It showed a time stamp of 2/1/2015. I assume the camera was not updated to 2021?
You never mentioned asking price?
More Q's to follow pending your response
Thank you for getting your hands on this and not letting it become a statistic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice save DGBG, And you did very well with the video Which is very helpful.
I have many Q's But I'll keep it short
In your video It showed a time stamp of 2/1/2015. I assume the camera was not updated to 2021?
You never mentioned asking price?
More Q's to follow pending your response
Thank you for getting your hands on this and not letting it become a statistic.
Hi Terry,

I did the video two days ago, but the action camera time and day was not updated. My asking price is 10000 Euros. The price is calculated based on vehicle condition, value and potential. As you know the main market for this vehicle is in Europe. I decide to posted in this group, because I'm a member from a long time and I thought it maybe interesting. I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have for the vehicle. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
AH ok so it's not here in the states anymore or your hoping to sell over seas?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,482 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
BOY and here I thought I found a good body car for 2500.00
If our gt's have come that far then mine should be worth at least 15000 euro
It runs and drives all on it's own. and has seats in it shoot maybe mine is worth closer to 20000 euro.
Not for nothing but you can't throw new tires on a roller and call it complete.

• Wow

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hi Terry,

I did the video two days ago, but the action camera time and day was not updated. My asking price is 10000 Euros. The price is calculated based on vehicle condition, value and potential. As you know the main market for this vehicle is in Europe. I decide to posted in this group, because I'm a member from a long time and I thought it maybe interesting. I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have for the vehicle. Thanks!
A couple of things here.
1 value, condition and potential. I personally feel is a stretch. Has the value come up some ? ( yes) But based on the current condition ( not so much) Potential (sure there's potential for another 10 to 15 euro's) then you'd have something
2 the main market is in Europe. Listen we all love our European friends, BUT can we try a little harder to keep the last remaining opels/gt's here in the states?
3 I posted to this group because I thought it maybe interesting. So your saying you had no plans on selling here in the states? And this was just a ploy to get a buzz going. ( how rude, It's not nice to tease people ) LOL

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
813 Posts
To dream the impossible dream, well not impossible but - looks like a $50,000.00 restoration if you do the work yourself.

·
Non Civilian
2,100 Posts
I always love the "Matching Numbers" line. On an Opel, what does that even mean?

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,700 Posts
My asking price is 10000 Euros.
Is that a typo or are you serious about wanting 10000 euros for a rolling chassis? I could maybe see 1000 euros being a realistic asking price because a decent body without serious rust issues can be hard to find. Opel GT's aren't that rare though, over 100,000 were made. So, big picture a body shell isn't worth that much. And preserved condition in the collector car world means a survivor with mostly all original parts still on the vehicle, with decent enough paint and very very little rust.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything that, just honest here. This is an Opel GT forum, we know what these cars are worth and what they aren't worth. We'll call it exactly as we see it and we don't fan the flames of pipe dreams. Our honesty is worth more than lies and smiles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts