Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1970 Opel GT is ending in 2 hours on BAT at 11:23 a.m. Pacific time. If you are interested, you may want to take a look at it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Looks to be an honest GT with the patina of a car that has been driven. Good luck with the auction!

There is something about the GT that always brings back alot of warm memories and well wishes to the seller down in the comments. Seems everyone has a great remembrance of some GT in their youth, whether as an original or second hand buyer, or some kid just admiring the GT that used to drive around in his or her neighborhood. It's the kind of vibe you catch with the automotive writer Elana Scherr and her own driving and writing adventures about her GT. Compare that to any mid year Corvette or Chevelle SS or Porsche 356 auction on BAT where arguments break out over the smallest of nit picks.

·
Vendor
3,161 Posts
I've been following this auction (I started a thread about it here
I recently sold my Rallye Orange 1970 Opel GT (below), but not on BAT. They agreed to list the car, but we couldn't agree on the reserve.
My impression is that Opels are generally well-received on Bring A Trailer, and your car is no exception.
Good luck with the auction.
Cheers,
Ron in FL

Attachments

·
5satins
23 Posts
I will be listing my 1070 Opel GT on BAT

I will be listing my 1970 Opel GT on BAT as soon as I finish taking pics.
I do have this listed for sale on this site. 1970 Opel GT (sunburst yellow)
Any interest in my car before listing on BAT?

·
Vendor
3,161 Posts
I will be listing my 1970 Opel GT on BAT as soon as I finish taking pics.
I do have this listed for sale on this site. 1970 Opel GT (sunburst yellow)
Any interest in my car before listing on BAT?
Looks like a really nice GT. If you do decide to sell it at auction (BAT or other site) be sure to take a bunch of pics
including the undercarriage. Post some videos of the car in motion, and disclose any known problems or concerns.
I think your car will do well at auction. Good luck.
Ron in FL

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,588 Posts
WOW.. Will adjust the value guide..

Solid car, but $11,000 ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts