Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Opel Key Master
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post the completed restoration of this unique 70 Kadett Wagon. Purchased this from Tom King and was a basket case. Spent several hours up in his attic and garage pulling parts for it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Here is a before when I picked it up Sept 2019
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

was actually a pretty decent body, a couple things to rework, but the worst part of it was the missing woodgrain trim on the rear hatch. So New Years Eve I was searching on Facebook Marketplace, and low and behold there was another blue with woodgrain wagon in Knoxville, needless to say, 2 hours later I was hauling that car home. It was a perfect doner for a couple cars. So the finished product came out pretty nice, and was glad to see it complete.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Car seat cover

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

The car will be leaving this month to Canada, as it was purchased and built for the customer up there. A very unique Opel with some neat options. By the way the hubcaps are NOS and were an accessory you could buy at the dealer in 1970 as shown in the Accessories Catalog/Flyer.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Beautiful and very unique!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Really nice Keith. Brings back a lot of memories.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
If I didn't :love: LOVE :love: Kadetts already, now I would!

Dieter

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I was carted through Europe in an earlier version of an Opel Kadette with the 1.1? litre engine. My father was so impressed with it, he had it shipped here to the States when we left Germany in 1965. The car lasted until 1970, when my Father sold it to a guy in my city. The Kadette lasted until 1978 when it was parked. If i knew then, what I know now, (sound familiar), I would have bought it and kept it. It was still running when my Father purchased my 74 Manta Rallye, (New off lot), with the condition I get a job and keep it, (job). I did with both. Job and Manta. Beautiful work Keith. When can you take my Rallye on? Hint Hint

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
@Moderators: Can we do an automatic search and replace on the site to replace any "Kadette" with just "Kadett"? Not that I'm picky or something, but we are all Opel people here, yet a lot of us can't spell the name of our most beautiful treasures ... :eek:

Dieter

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I thought it, (Kadette), was correct Dieter, I stand corrected.:oops:

·
Super Moderator
14,289 Posts
@Moderators: Can we do an automatic search and replace on the site to replace any "Kadette" with just "Kadett"? Not that I'm picky or something, but we are all Opel people here, yet a lot of us can't spell the name of our most beautiful treasures ... :eek:

Dieter
Those spelling it as ‘Opal Kadette’ deserve to drink light beer and get flogged with damp lederhosen…

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
You mean it's not opal kadetteski

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
By the way Keith,
I know it's not your top priority, But from time to time I visit your site to see what you guys are working on
And it doesn't reflect all the good and cool stuff your doing to date coming from your shop hint hint wink wink
In fact to date your website isn't working at all:cry:

·
Opel Key Master
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
By the way Keith,
I know it's not your top priority, But from time to time I visit your site to see what you guys are working on
And it doesn't reflect all the good and cool stuff your doing to date coming from your shop hint hint wink wink
In fact to date your website isn't working at all:cry:
Yeah, the site is defunked. A lot had to do with it not being mobile friendly. Facebook has kind of taken over, but I’m on here pretty regular, but not as quick to post on here or our website than a quick Facebook update. I posted this wagon because I feel it’s a special version that needed to be documented so it could be referenced or found in a search.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yeah, the site is defunked. A lot had to do with it not being mobile friendly. Facebook has kind of taken over, but I’m on here pretty regular, but not as quick to post on here or our website than a quick Facebook update. I posted this wagon because I feel it’s a special version that needed to be documented so it could be referenced or found in a search.
No problem, I Didn't know if you knew it was down or not.
Which is why I mentioned it.
I rarely check mine either unless an appointment request is sent.
You should include a link to your F.B. for this beautiful wagon, So we /people like me can see more of the resto pics.
I always liked checking in on your work/progress to see all the cool things you and your team are working on.

Reactions: soybean
1 - 20 of 22 Posts