Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to move across the country in the next few years and will not be able to take the car with me. Not desperate to sell and not in a hurry but a really nice car 80% done and starting here since the group here is on all the social media i would post it on for sale and can hopefully point someone my direction. when i bought the car it was stripped, blasted, and primed...it has NO RUST in the floors, rockers, or body (original photos posted) it came with a parts car which i have the dash,vin,and title for if someone needs that. the paint needs redone it has mottling and fisheyes but i sanded the sealer that was on it and sealed, primed, and painted it to protect the car. all the body wiring has been replaced and all the lights were modified to take modern day bulbs and all the socket grounds are wired into the harness so the troublesome grounds for each housing are gone, the front park lights are converted to turn signals and the signal housings are now fog lights. The motor was rebuilt by a professional shop and i do not know if it is still 1.9 or upgraded to 2.0 but has excellent oil pressure and a racing cam that i have the spec sheet for. the original Weber replacement card was a POS and i did rebuild it but it would not fuel the engine and RPM was limited to about 3600, it idles and ran like crap so i made an adapter plate, ported the manifold, and put Holley EFI and a headman header on it, it has the original points distributor and i have a extra as well as pertronics ignition and a coil driver if you want the holley system to run ignition. electric cooling fan is installed as well as a GM self regulated alternator. fuel pump has been placed in an original tank and a new sending unit, the external pumps don't seem to hold up long enough and with a return to the tank (3/8 aluminum lines) will keep it cool and running forever. It has a 2" exhaust and only need the tailpipe done better. There is a power distribution box under the hood for the engine and front lighting system and i have another to eventually replace the original fuse box ( wiring needs loomed as you can see in pics). The front suspension has all new bushings, ball joints, spring bushings, rack has been rebuilt totally with new tie rod ends, has new shocks all around as well as wheels and tires. Brakes replaced front and rear new pads, shoes, wheel cylinders, calipers rebuilt all new lines and hoses, updated OGTS brake booster and master cylinder. the interior has a new headliner and parts from the parts car all in descent shape (seat were tan and painted black but there is a spare set of black seats in descent shape. Dash has 2 small cracks i repaired but are starting to show again. the only issue left with the car is the rear diff whines at cruising speed when not under load, I put all new bearings in the diff and set it up with the proper backlash but it is still noisy although it is solid and will not blowup, I have the ring and pinion from the spare cat as well as a complete set of shims and bearings and the tools needed to re-do it but haven't installed it since the radio covers most of the noise and i am not worries about reliability. it's a nice car and runs great with the fuel injection which is why i priced it at 6K since the exhaust and fuel systems are about 2,000 by them selves. If interested send me a message and i will provide a phone number and we can discuss the car, please be patient since i only check the forum about once a week so it may be a few days before you get a reply.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,349 Posts
I posted your write up and pics on my "For the Love of Opel and Chrome" Facebook group and told them to see your thread and contact you here.

·
Registered
Looking
4 Posts
I am interested in talking to you about your GT. I am a new member and as soon as I am able to send you a message I will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts