Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Phil
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new tubing run thru the hood from the washer bottle and new jets placed into the hood of my GT. The problem now is I can't find any schematic to run the new hose the pump....appears I am half done, but need to know where the hose connects to the pump...any help out there, better yet any schematic so I can follow the tubing? Thanks, prowan707

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your new tube connects to the tee fitting on top of the washer bottle. There is a tube that goes to the bottom of the bottle from that tee. The third branch of the tee has a tube that goes through the firewall and is connected to the foot pump in the driver's side footwell.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
The manual pump had a few check valves.
The upgraded system... electric pump might be a better way to squirt agua.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
How and where do you mount the reservoir?
The washer resv. mounts next to the clutch cable where it comes thru the firewall, in a bracket. In the past I use to mount a elec. washer motor on the flat spot just above the resv. and run a temporary on switch in the pedal where the washer bulb is mounted. That way you could still lightly push the pedal for the intermittent wiper blades, or push further down and it would activate the washer pump. I also put a anti back flow valve after the washer resv. , it will help keep the system full. PS I think I have an extra bracket if you need one, just pm me you address & I will send it to ya, FREE

Attachments

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Washer Holder

Greg, I found one and will send it out on Tuesday, should clean up nicely with a little work. was striped then clear coated about 10 yrs. ago. :yup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Shifter, I was working in Derby KS, for 5 weeks, 2 summers ago, repaired the indoor swimming pool at the Air Force base. Very Nice area. :yup: Bring your butt up to Rout 66, and hang for the weekend with the group, it's only 535 mi. :haha:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Are you going to 50th celebration in Las Vegas this coming weekend.
Shifter, that post is 4 years old and Brad passed away a couple of years ago! I believe that he will be watching, but not actually there!

You might want to note that the upper left hand corner of a post carries a time (or date) of when posted. It is a common "rookie" mistake to respond to an old post, but avoidable.

Enjoy the show.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Greg,
If I run into you out there, I would be honored to tip one with you in Brad’s memory. This post reminded me of what a great guy he was. I am sure he would have been in on this adventure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts