Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
up for sale 72 GT. picked this up 15 years ago to pro street, but never got touched.

In the mean time I lost the title and never registered into my name, don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get another so Im selling it as a parts car. too lazy to part it out so here it is.

a couple little spots of rust but real good shape as it has been in a garage all this time. When I got it i started it up just for the fun to see if it ran, it did and that was the last time I played with it.

$1000, car is located in Delaware.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
small bubbles in front of rear tires, i think there is a bubble behind one of the front tires, I can get detailed pictures tomorrow

·
Detritus Maximus
2,793 Posts
Pics underneath are very important. Especially around the jacking points and floorpan to rocker sill. Also, if possible, pull back the carpet at the bottom of the door hinge pillar. They tend to rust there and going forward inside the car.

Reactions: jayhawkjesse33

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Darn that stinks but hey it didn't get chopped up and it was garaged for 15 yrs is a plus hopefully this one is a hidden gem I would be very curios as to the shape of the floor and underside, dash is pretty bad but that's really the last thing I'd be concerned about. To bad I'm in Fl. I would love to look at this one and would probably be bringing it home

·
Über Genius
9,354 Posts
If I lived in DE, I'd drop some juice down the carb, spin it over, then hand the guy cash as soon as it fired.
It looks to be in great shape from the pictures.

·
Opeler
1,239 Posts
up for sale 72 GT. picked this up 15 years ago to pro street, but never got touched.

In the mean time I lost the title and never registered into my name, don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get another so Im selling it as a parts car. too lazy to part it out so here it is.

a couple little spots of rust but real good shape as it has been in a garage all this time. When I got it i started it up just for the fun to see if it ran, it did and that was the last time I played with it.

Any progress on more pictures?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like the car was undercoated, I flicked a couple spots off so you can see under it, overall the car is far from being a rust bucket

·
Über Genius
9,354 Posts
For a 50 year old car, it looks pretty good.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,496 Posts
Too bad it's in Delaware. I'd pay $1000 for it. Shipping that car to NM would cost me another $2k? I'm not looking to drop $3k on another GT, when I still need to work on the first one.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hey
I am very interested, been looking for awhile and followed the recent questions on yourGT
I live in Annapolis and can come over this weekend. Lets chat.... David

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at this car today; its in great shape overall: body is almostperfect, no corrosion on frame. maybe one small spot on body. I had cash in hand but its an automatic. i want a manual. interior needs revamp but that's easy stuff. Owner is great guy, vehicle is well worth every penny and should be restored. David

·
Registered
1 Posts

Is it still available?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Is the car still available?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts