Dieter

· Registered
The Young One
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,795 Posts
Did I spell it wrong? Lol
No, the seller did on the ebay auction. The whole thing looks fishy. Car being sold in Germany, with an English description but not able to spell the model name right?

Dieter

· Registered
The Young One
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the seller did on the ebay auction. The whole thing looks fishy. Car being sold in Germany, with an English description but not able to spell the model name right?

Dieter
Ok good I was worried I spelled it wrong.

That is strange.

· Vendor
3,580 Posts
I don't like the cadets at all. The Kadett is much more to my taste :p:cool:

Dieter
With this guy, you get both! :p

For sale is an Opel Kadett B L 1.2 automatic from 1972.This Opel celebrated its 50th birthday this year in March. Accordingly, of course, a few traces can also be seen.Despite its age, this cadet drives incredibly well. He jumps impeccably every time. The 3-speed automatic transmission (800 DM surcharge at the time) shifts perfectly and simply does its job.The Opel is dry there. 95% original paint. A few parts have already been renewed: air filter - liquids - windscreen wipers - front brake pads - brake hose - tires - fuel pump - V-belt - trunk gasket - battery - coupling rods incl. Rubber.If you are interested, just call and take a look at the cadet. Test drive possible on dry roads.

· Registered
The Young One
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With this guy, you get both! :p
I like how the guy says,”He jumps impeccably every time.” What the heck does that mean. And he talks about how the paint is dry. That makes no sense either. This guy must have used google translate or something weird.

· Opeler
782 Posts
When I read the description, it looked fishy to me too. Could be a translation issue but if I were to sell a car on Ebay of that caliber, I would have written ALOT more.

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,795 Posts
to jump = starting the engine
it's in the dry = it is stored in a dry place.

This is NOT a google translation, but from a medium English speaker. That's why I'm wondering about the "cadet" thing. Google would have done a better job.

Dieter

· Vendor
3,580 Posts
Ron, Hope that you stay safe and dry in central Florida. - Lindsay
Thanks Lindsay.
We are expecting the bad stuff to move in later tonight. For now, just a lot of rain, and mild winds.
I sandbagged and "battened down the hatches" as best as I could. As long as the winds are not too bad, we should be OK.
Shout out to Jeff and Terry (and any other FL Opelers) Stay safe, my friends.

Ecoregion Rectangle World Map Slope

· Registered
The Young One
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Lindsay.
We are expecting the bad stuff to move in later tonight. For now, just a lot of rain, and mild winds.
I sandbagged and "battened down the hatches" as best as I could. As long as the winds are not too bad, we should be OK.
Shout out to Jeff and Terry (and any other FL Opelers) Stay safe, my friends.

View attachment 448597
Stay safe! When will the storm be hitting?

Reactions: rrossjr

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,795 Posts
Good luck "down under" :cool:

Dieter

Reactions: rrossjr

· Vendor
3,580 Posts
Stay safe! When will the storm be hitting?
Well, it is already here, in a way, since we have had wind and rain continuously since early this morning. I think the worst will come through tonight after 10PM, but rain and wind is expected to last until Saturday. Everything is pretty much shut down in this area, including the Waffle House, which doesn't bode well... :oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts