Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this car about 6 yrs ago and did a cosmetic/mechanical restoration. It has original paint and interior, rust free except under the battery. Car was originally out of Texas, north of Dallas. A little over 60,000 miles, replaced brakes, brake master cylinder, brake booster, recored radiator, new hoses, rebuilt the incorrect delco alternator, new battery, new fuel pump, new weber carb(original carb and intake comes with car the engine shot is prior to replacing the original carb), rubberized the gas tank inside and out, new ignition switch, aftermarket am/fm radio/cassette deck, new tires all five, powdercoated wheels, replaced window fuzzies and the front and rear glass rubber. Clock doesn't work and the heater is bypassed. I bought the car to give to my brother who was diagnosed with cancer about that time, back in the day he and his wife bought one new. His health has deteriorated and he can't drive the car anymore so I'm just trying to get most of what I have in the car back by selling it. This opel was originally purchased at Bill Curry GM in Dallas, The rally runs and drives, leaks a little, very minor, has some minor body damage at the rear from being backed into something. Paint on the hood is a little rough up close, the car has a little stumble at first acceleration, carpet is worn and probably needs replaced, drivers seat needs new foam. It's a solid survivor that needs very little work. I'm asking $11,000 which is less than I have in it. Dave 480-330-8858
than I have in it.

·
RunOpel
801 Posts
That's a beautiful Opel :) Sorry to hear the reason you have to sell it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Beautiful car!!!

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,019 Posts
I thought the rallyes had satin black hoods?
Yes.. to absorb nighttime reflections from high powered lights in rallying. Maybe copious amounts of Armor-all on that hood?

Loove seeing this car.. .my very first actual rally car was the '73 version of this.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,946 Posts
It’s a bummer you have to sell it but it’s a really good looking Manta. That interior looks great, which would be difficult to restore today.

·
Opeler
388 Posts
Very nice Manta. If it doesn't sell here, you might try Bring A Trailer. They have a good auction site and you specify a reserve. I think it might go for more than $11K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts