Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Youngest Opel Record Holder!
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks just like my red 73 Gt! It was og orange but now red just like mine! It looks pretty solid. I wonder if there is an engine? There are no pictures of it.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Gas Vehicle door

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

· Someone here finds me offensive
73 GT 1.9 manual fire glow orange drivetrain trimmed in dark metallic copper over satin black yippie
2,945 Posts
I doubt it, looks like it was pillaged for parts, I was interested until I saw the rad rail cut up. can't help but wonder if this was another (swap) abandonment.

Attachments

· Registered
Youngest Opel Record Holder!
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd bet that was another lazy engine and gearbox removal.
And it isn’t even that hard to drop an engine. It took my grandpa and I a few hours to drop an engine.

Reactions: opelbits

· Detritus Maximus
3,772 Posts
I doubt it, looks like it was pillaged for parts, I was interested until I saw the rad rail cut up. can't help but wonder if this was another (swap) abandonment.
This makes the most sense. Maybe it was a parts car and had a good motor. But being a parts car, no concern about butchering. Or, the motor was good/not good and removed for another ill-fated swap. Again, no need to worry about the radiator support.

However, radiator supports are not commonly rusty and can be replaced a lot easier than....Floorplan? Still might be worth looking at....for say $1000 if not rusty/bondo-ey.

Reactions: terrylewisac
1 - 7 of 7 Posts