Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of rear axle pinion bearings for a '75 Sportwagon (Ascona Voyage station wagon). These are for a friends car which is currently parked until suitable replacements can be sourced.

The P/N's off the existing (worn out) pieces are:

KM 88010 (race) & 511688A (cone) - both made by FAG

332046A (race) & 330865BD (cone) - both made by SKF

Does anyone have a source for these? Or know of a suitable replacement or what other vehicles(s) they were used in? We've not been able to track any of them down so far so I was hoping others might be able to help keep an Opel on the road.

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Opeler
1,435 Posts
I'm looking for a set of rear axle pinion bearings for a '75 Sportwagon (Ascona Voyage station wagon). These are for a friends car which is currently parked until suitable replacements can be sourced.

The P/N's off the existing (worn out) pieces are:

KM 88010 (race) & 511688A (cone) - both made by FAG

332046A (race) & 330865BD (cone) - both made by SKF

Does anyone have a source for these? Or know of a suitable replacement or what other vehicles(s) they were used in? We've not been able to track any of them down so far so I was hoping others might be able to help keep an Opel on the road.

Thanks,
Andrew
I haven't had to buy pinion bearings in a long while, but the last time I did, I got them at NAPA.

·
tomking
2,474 Posts
I got all the differential bearings from the industrial power transmission supplier called IBT. But Bearing HQ and the like should have them too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I've sent a request to the Bearing Location Service and am curious what they will come up with?

In going to the local 'normal' auto parts suppliers (Napa, etc.) and mentioning that these were for an "Opel", typically the response was an expression like I was looking for parts for the Titanic... or blank stares. :ugh: :sigh:

·
Super Moderator
8,170 Posts
In going to the local 'normal' auto parts suppliers (Napa, etc.) and mentioning that these were for an "Opel", typically the response was an expression like I was looking for parts for the Titanic... or blank stares. :ugh: :sigh:
You need to train them first. :yup: You can't just walk in cold off the street and ask for something you actually 'need' on the first visit. :no:

Harold

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update - still no sources

I talked with the guys at the Bearing Location Service - no luck finding anything through them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts