·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling two Ascona’s and parts.
1975 Ascona Coupe restorable
1975 Ascona Wagon rusted beyond repair.
New 1.9 motor still in Opel box.
Performance built heads never installed.
New Weber Carb, gaskets, gears, etc.
Not willing to separate items. Must take all. Call 425 422 8347 for details. Leave a message and I will call back ASAP. All items are located in the Arlington/Granite Falls area of Snohomish County in Washington. $2000 takes all.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
A location is helpful to those who may be interested.

·
Super Moderator
5,947 Posts
Sorry about that. I updated the listing.
...and I made the listing title a bit more descriptive.

An Opel crate engine! Wow!! Are there any details on that, such as year, compression ratio (flat or dished pistons), short or long block)?

·
Detritus Maximus
2,873 Posts
It's probably just a crossflow that won't fit in any of our GTs...

·
Opeler
726 Posts
That's going to be a hard sell- must take all. I would be interested in the wagon if I were closer.
Also, no price.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,873 Posts
Sorry, sometimes my humor doesn't reach everyone! The crossflow motor I referenced is the ultra rare, virtually impossible to find without bunches of money rally motor put in the Ascona chassis. Because, you know, obviously it will be still in the Opel crate under a bench somewhere....

The receipt is a nice piece by itself!

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
1,719 Posts
This engine would have the "75" model year rods that are non-forged but could have flat top pistons.

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
345 Posts
Selling two Ascona’s and parts.
1975 Ascona Coupe restorable
1975 Ascona Wagon rusted beyond repair.
New 1.9 motor still in Opel box.
Performance built heads never installed.
New Weber Carb, gaskets, gears, etc.
Not willing to separate items. Must take all. Call 425 422 8347 for details. Leave a message and I will call back ASAP. All items are located in the Arlington/Granite Falls area of Snohomish County in Washington. View attachment 436089 View attachment 436090 View attachment 436091 View attachment 436092
That opel wagon can be repairable. MY GT is worst than that and I am fixing it.LOL

·
Opeler
1,510 Posts
I bought it from the son of the guy that bought the motor. He told me his dad was into GT’s. This is the receipt from the View attachment 436097 View attachment 436097
The guy who wrote up this receipt must have attended medical school at one time or another too, because I can't read most of it.:unsure:
I'd sure like to have a look at what is inside of that crate!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts