Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I want to install a 1975 Manta thermo clutch radiator fan in my GT. OGTS has the required water pump and fan, but I'm looking for the correct clutch and the mounting hardware, including the left-handed thread bolt. Does anybody have spares laying around, or have part numbers or sources for these parts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
Give me a few minutes and I’ll dig up some website links for you. I just recently posted the info in another thread a few weeks ago.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
This thread has the needed info, except the info on the bolt.

There is a different option fan clutch but it needs a different water pump you'll have to get from either German eBay or Edelschmeide. Have you talked to Gil? He'll have the info if he doesn't have the parts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This thread has the needed info, except the info on the bolt.

There is a different option fan clutch but it needs a different water pump you'll have to get from either German eBay or Edelschmeide. Have you talked to Gil? He'll have the info if he doesn't have the parts.
Thanks for that info. I did just talk to Gil, and he told me he has the water pump and fan blades, but not the clutch or the hardware and left-hand-thread bolt needed to put it all together. Those are the pieces I am looking for. It looks like that clutch is not a very common part.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
That's what I'm finding. Try reaching out to that company I posted? I wonder if they still have them.

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
I think I have two new clutches. I can check when I’m back in CT.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
RB, if you do have these clutches still, could I please buy one off of you?

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
That would be awesome. Would you happen to have the required bolt also?
I do not. But I can check my notes. Should still be readily available from one of two vendors I used to use.

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
RB, if you do have these clutches still, could I please buy one off of you?
Sure, if I in fact have two of them you can have the 2nd one. This is fresh in my memory because I recently just repacked these parts in a new bin.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
Thanks RB, it’s appreciated. I’m checking with a manufacturer to see if they still have them.

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Thanks RB, it’s appreciated. I’m checking with a manufacturer to see if they still have them.
My concern now is the state lockdowns. Just found out I could be detained/fined for traveling to my home in another state. It’s always something.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
I’m not in a rush RB, eventually all this will pass. I did hear back from the company in the UK that makes these. They told me £148.17 for this fan clutch. That’s $174.03! Ouch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts