1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,452 Posts
It's a shame that you didn't get it finished first.

Dieter

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Too bad. Looked like an interesting project

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
399 Posts
Hopefully someone will finish it and make it look nice.

·
Registered
59 Olympia Caravan, Buick 350
7 Posts
I just saw this on CL, then came here to see if someone here was the owner. That is bitchin'!. Wish I had the room for another project.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It only needs cosmetic work now, drivetrain and suspension are sorted other then an oil leak. I’ve driven it a handful of times. I would like to have finished as well but things in my life are changing.

·
Über Genius
9,463 Posts
I swear I'm not picking on you when I say this.

This is a prime example of why the "old timers" speak up whenever someone talks about putting a V8 in an Opel.
Hundreds have started but very few have finished.

Young lives change so rapidly. One day an aspiration and the next day there's a different aspiration, or a crisis.

I hope this project goes to someone who will see it through. Hopefully it's someone who has a garage and is permanently single or at least a wife that hates him seeing him in the house.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I don’t take it that way, but this car is not one of those un finished v8 swaps. I’ve put probably around 200 miles on it with the v8. Like I said it’s sorted(mostly) mechanically just needs cosmetic work. And I’m not selling because I’m in over my head or anything simply life changes.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
It don't think that it qualifies as "one of those V8 swaps". It is a 3.5 liter aluminum Buick V-8. It will not overpower the chassis nor will the weight be that much different than the 2.2/2.4 conversions. As a Buick engine swap, you can "almost" say it is from the same "family".

Added point: didn't the Katrina GT use that engine? That seemed to be a very successful change!

Doug

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It don't think that it qualifies as "one of those V8 swaps". nor will the weight be that much different than the 2.2/2.4 conversions.
Doug
the aluminum v8 and aluminum 5 speed are actually lighter then the stock engine/4 speed.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

·
Opeler
474 Posts
I don’t take it that way, but this car is not one of those un finished v8 swaps. I’ve put probably around 200 miles on it with the v8. Like I said it’s sorted(mostly) mechanically just needs cosmetic work. And I’m not selling because I’m in over my head or anything simply life changes.
If this is truly the case, put another 5 or 6k into it...Then put it on" Bring a trailer" and get some money for it. They are paying top dollar for cars.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,613 Posts
Until this car is finished, I’d still label it as an unfinished V8 swap. At least the mechanical side is supposedly finished. I say supposedly because one person could see it as done and another person see it as partly done. I hope it goes to someone who has the means to finish it. The Manta is a better candidate for a V8 swap and an aluminum Buick V8 is cool. It’s not another typical LS swap.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,468 Posts
I suggest getting a Maaco shop to finish the putty work and get someone to coat the exterior with epoxy primer or paint it white. You've got some very desirable body kit stuff on it, nice wheels, and a running big engine, with a cleaned up appearance it would be a more attractive purchase. And come up with a good excuse why you had to give up on the car just as you got it running and almost done.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,573 Posts
If only I was closer.

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I do like where you were going with this, very cool in appearance.
I bet it hauls the onions

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts