Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,...i have a Metro here that i just recently rebuilt, has about 5,700 miles on new engine now.
Its been running w/o issue, in the last few days i have noticed a small, to pretty bad misfire upon
taking off from a stop light etc,
only lasts about half a second or one second, then clears up...
no misfires when cruising at speed.
Just on take off...

I knew it was in need of a tune up soon, so i did plugs, oil, oil filter air filter,
cap & rotor,...none of my removed used parts gave indications of problems.

Plug wires are about 4.5 mo old,
so didn't do those, ill check the boots out to be sure....

On a hot day it seemed more frequent, and pronounced.
It was not overheating, fan was cycling as it should.
It usually stays under half on the temp gauge,

i took it for a 15 mile ride today and only noticed a very slight miss on take off
once or twice, nothing since.

Im thinking the coil is possibly going away, its likely the original.
OR, suspecting possibly the cam / crank sensor in distributor???

Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated,

Tom

·
Can Opeler
3,188 Posts
I think you posted to the wrong forum.

However I love the Geo Metro. It’s really an awesome car that everyone thinks is bad for no reason. I’ll probably buy one one of these days!

It handles way better than our Opel GTs too:p
You have one of the last TRUE drivers cars I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving.
I hope you get it fixed soon.

Geo metros from that vintage have an issue burning the #3 exhaust valve every 6 months. You might look into checking that out. I hear it can cause similar symptoms

On the metro this is generally caused by incorrect oil, clogged EGR passages, or bad oil rings. Happens to lots of people after only a couple thousand miles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you posted to the wrong forum.

However I love the Geo Metro. It’s really an awesome car that everyone thinks is bad for no reason. I’ll probably buy one one of these days!

It handles way better than our Opel GTs too:p
You have one of the last TRUE drivers cars I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving.
I hope you get it fixed soon.

Geo metros from that vintage have an issue burning the #3 exhaust valve every 6 months. You might look into checking that out. I hear it can cause similar symptoms

On the metro this is generally caused by incorrect oil, clogged EGR passages, or bad oil rings. Happens to lots of people after only a couple thousand miles.

LOL...i dont know how thw hell i posted in the wrong forum, but.......how in the heck do i erase that metro thread???

·
Can Opeler
3,188 Posts
LOL...i dont know how thw hell i posted in the wrong forum, but.......how in the heck do i erase that metro thread???
You can’t. The moderators will probably erase it later!

·
Super Moderator
5,609 Posts
You can’t. The moderators will probably erase it later!
...or we can can leave it up, as a sort of "walk of shame" thread...:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts