Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bikini Inspector
5,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ran very well when removed. Had to snatch up a 2.4 when I had the chance. This was before Charles started importing them. I briefly owned an Irmscher 2.4 GT with EFI that ruined my appreciation for anything less than a 2.4. While a 2.0 can be a ton of fun, the 2.4 with efi just feels like a modern car. especially when paired with a 5 speed.
2.0 pistons from OGTS
torquer camshaft
4 bearing head rebuilt using oversized chevy valves. done to rally bob recipe. oil dam, etc hydraulic lifters.
totalseal top rings
new timing guides
timing chain with link
aluminum oil pan with extension welded on for higher capacity
Aluminum valve cover
lightened flywheel
block was barely skimmed for trueness. bored over, cleaned. crank was polished and balanced.
compression is 150ish across all 4. Ill get a video posted soon.

I spent $2200 plus if I remember right. was running great when pulled. Did have small oil leak at timing cover/head. would be best to redo head gasket, timing cover/ oil pan while out.

no expenses spared. all new parts from OGTS and built by Bayspeed in Green bay. Very reputable race car shop. lots of dirt racing in these parts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
...all new parts from OGTS and built by Bayspeed in Green bay. Very reputable race car shop. lots of dirt racing in these parts.
Sweet!

Would love to be interested but have other tasks at the moment. I'll give it a bump though.

What kind of HP increase does a build like that have?

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
13,789 Posts
Jimmy, I'm all confused about what cars and engines you have at the present moment. Do you still have the KaleidoscOpel? What about the blue 2.4 Irmscher GT? What's going on with your FI engine or other engines?

:thinking:

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,040 Posts
Hey FT GT... Are the Total Seal rings the gapless ones, or just Total Seal brand standard type rings?

·
Bikini Inspector
5,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jimmy, I'm all confused about what cars and engines you have at the present moment. Do you still have the KaleidoscOpel? What about the blue 2.4 Irmscher GT? What's going on with your FI engine or other engines?

:thinking:
irmscher GT was sold to a fellow named Elliot in Louisiana few years ago. wish I still had it. would be a 20k plus GT. Had 60k in receipts from OGTS etc. all original paperwork, and metal was clean as a whistle.

I still have kaleidoscope mirage GT. I have a 2.4 from PJ, aluminum flywheel, getrag and Irmscher EFI setup waiting to install. 3 kids and golfing too much has eaten up my finances and time.

Hey FT GT... Are the Total Seal rings the gapless ones, or just Total Seal brand standard type rings?
Gapless rings. Overkill yes, but I was chasing vacuum issues from a bad grind cam, causing compression to be bad from poor leak down. Overlap? Im a novice. replaced with more modest cam and vacuum was on point, and compression numbers were perfect.

To all those wondering about price.... I figure for $1000 more someone could build their own, putting mine as a good option price wise. Of course I would like to get more, but factor in shipping, and it becomes better option to build your own.

Its been sitting in my storage shed for 3 years now. its not as shiny any more either. all the goodies are there

·
RunOpel
811 Posts
For the price, I would love to have that engine. Problem is, I have already spent a lot on my 1.9 and convincing the wife would be a challenge.
Good luck, someone will buy it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
For the price, I would love to have that engine. Problem is, I have already spent a lot on my 1.9 and convincing the wife would be a challenge.
Good luck, someone will buy it.
I believe the engine has been sold.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Believe the motor has long since been sold

1 - 15 of 15 Posts